Stayed here for a wedding on the ground floor of the lodge. We were on the second floor and could not hear any noise from the wedding, despite being right above it (closest room facing the lake).
First off, be sure that your GPS can find this place. The address did not come up in our (non apple) GPS nor on our iphones, so we were stuck with "head to Bear Mountain" - which on a busy Saturday in July is NOT a good thing. It was packed and we got shuttled around multiple times and interrogated every time we stated we were staying at the lodge - like they did not believe us, even when we showed our itinerary. I believe this was state/NY transit/local help, not the lodge, so I did not factor that into my ranking; I say it as an FYI to other customers on a busy summer day.
Once we finally found the right place, it was well kept, although dated, but quite charming. I imagined staying here 20 - 30 years ago. No elevator service at the lodge, but an easy climb up and down the stairs if you're mobile.
The grounds were so nice and picturesque. Lovely!
The service was friendly once we were in the lodge and they had conveniences to buy if you forgot (or just needed) anything.
Room was spacious, had ample toiletries and amenities. One thing, however, was AC could have worked better (even with it cranked up, still hot and it wasn't a super humid day) and lack of wifi - but you dont really need it in this vacation space.
Should mention the wedding - like I said, two stories below us, we heard nothing even when we went to bed early (well before it was over). And I'm a light sleeper so I would have heard it. The service at the wedding itself was impeccable, from a guest's POV. Excellent job.
Overall, I would come here again, now that I know where I'm going! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge features 24 guestrooms with either a commanding view of the Hudson River or the forests of Bear Mountain. Our newly enhanced guest rooms are a great reason to rediscover Bear Mountain featuring a luxurious, distinctly rustic feel to match the lodge's spectacular location and views. The Hudson Ballroom offers breathtaking views of both the Hudson River and Hessian Lake for your meeting or celebrations, up to 180 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Bear Mountain Inn's Overlook Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Mountain Inn`s Overlook Hotel Bear Mountain
- Overlook Hotel Bear Mountain