The Bedford Post Inn is definitely somewhere to stay if you looking for an upscale alternative.
While the Inn is very old, you couldn't tell this inside as its been furnished to a high standard, has a quiet ambience about it and is very comfortable. We had reason to stay in both the Petite and Californian King with both rooms having a similar feel. The Petite was however extremely small (which its supposed to be) and while the Californian is much bigger, I don't think you could say it was huge.
My only gripe with the rooms is that even the Californian doesn't have elements which I think would contribute to a more comfortable stay. It has the smallest TV you could get, there is only one chair in the room, the air conditioning didn't work in either room, there is no in room dining table/space and no desk to place a laptop/tablet.
In addition, you feel like you almost need to be a mountain goat to get to the Inn car park and then into reception. This may be a product of having to deal with wet and snowy conditions, but I would be interested to see well healed guests getting into the Inn.
Given the cost of these rooms I expected to be blown away, having all the little extras that can make a difference. However to my mind, some of the basics were missing, let alone the extra's.
In terms of location the Inn enjoys a feeling of seclusion and therefore don't expect there to be anything else close by. Even Bedford Village has little to offer and so you need to travel to somewhere like Katonah to get that real village experience (about 10 minutes away by car).
In terms of service, no complaints at all. The staff are very friendly, ready to help at any time and really give you the feeling that you are in fact welcome.
So overall, we did enjoy being at Bedford Inn and I think it is an option for those wanting a relaxed but elegant option. But at the same time we felt that what was delivered really didn't match the price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bedford Post, set in the heart of Westchester, at 954 Old Post Road in Bedford, NY. Bedford Post is home to an eight-room luxury inn, a yoga studio, and two distinct restaurants: The Barn, for casual dining, and The Farmhouse, our more formal dining room. Reservations are gladly taken up to one month in advance at the Farmhouse, and two months in advance at the Barn. Join us for daily classes, workshops and events at The Yoga Loft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Bedford Post Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedford Post Hotel Bedford
- Bedford Post Inn New York