“Pollywogg Holler has changed”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Belmont
Pollywogg Holler Eco-Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Belmont
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you go to Pollywogg Holler for rest and relaxation.....
be aware that it is now a New York State licensed bar
.Sundays can be a big crowd day...300 plus people. lots of drinking and noise
.Not a great atmosphere for children.
Rule # one is $5 is charged at the gate to enter to cover the band weather you like their music style or not.
You can no longer enter just to visit with friends with out paying this fee, Or you leave.
Having supported by beloved friends Bill and Barb Castle,founders, for over thirty years i am not interested in going to the Holler any more on sundays or wed when the bar crowd flourishes.
the Bouncer/gatekeeper was extremely rude and insulting to me and my wife on july 6 when we went there and no apology has been made.
Micky is the manager and should have done this.
It is still a beautiful place to go but if you want a bucolic setting for an event rent the space on a non event day [sun + wed]
If you enjoy a low bar crowd smoking and drinking and consider that fun than Sunday it your.
day.
I am posting this for those who have not been to the Holler yet ,but have heard great things,and for those who have not been in a long time. It has changed.
And also I do not like being called a "phucking A hole" by hired help and having the management condoning it by not apologizing do me and most importantly, to my Wife who i Love dearly and am saddened she was put through this.
Scot Marechaux

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
20  Thank scot104

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We decided to spend my mother's 60th birthday at Pollywogg Holler. We had a great time until the end, however was not surprised with ending from the observations I made throughout the night. Mickey is the pizza chef/owner. After the first hour of business he was extremely rude with an Asian couple who approached the pizza bar. 30 minutes later a male in his 50's approached the pizza bar as he could not hear what name was called when Mickey went off on him, If that wasn't enough he then came out from behind the counter to continue to belittle this customer. At the end of the evening he came over and asked who our party was for, I proceeeded to tell him it was my mothers 60th birthday, he went over to her with his headlamp blinding her in her face and began to lay into her for bringing such a large party (50) up there at once without prior notification. She explained to him she made several attempts in the prior weeks to notify him and finally left a voice mail message witout a response. At a 5$ cover charge and $9.00 for a paper plate size pizza they made plenty of money. I have never seen a business that would get upset to make money and be busy, I would assume it would be Mickey's dream. If you ever decide to partake in this establishment do not take anyone with you because you may overwhelm Mickey. It's obvious Mickey lacks in people skills, and maybe he should hire a manager to deal with the customers because he cannot handle it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
17  Thank Heather C
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is a long overdue review as we stayed here for a night in October 2010. On arrival we were welcomed into the Main Lodge by Mickey and were given a little tour and history of this amazing place. They cooked for us in their Lodge, we enjoyed the local wine/beer and later retired to our Sauna Loft where the fire had been lit and the Sauna was ready. Mickey even gave us a lesson in how to properly tend to the fire so that it would stay burning all night and be lovely and warm in the morning. The loft was cozy and such good fun. Amazing stay in this place which is full of things to explore.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Some VERY GOOD friends of ours invited us for a small trip !! could not believe our eyes !! Was a total unexpected experience. It has to be seen to believe, we enjoyed our pizza, wine and beer and all the attractionsm uncluding live music, plus being with our friends. We reserved a cabin for 2015. Can't wait to take all our friends to see this place. It was well worth the $5.00 addmision charge.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joan M
Reviewed 30 September 2013

After coming across Pollywog Holler on the internet, I decided to book a trip there. I booked the Woodshed. A nice rustic room, although I would have preferred some type of latch on the door and the housekeeping could have been better. I enjoyed walking around the grounds, especially in the mornings. The meals were fantastic and not at all skimpy! The wine was very nice also. The hosts couldn't have been nicer. I wish the hiking opportunities in the area were closer. I drove down a gravel road into a state park that just went on forever. I finally decided to turn around and head back. If you love Antiques, there is the nice little town of Angelica with several Antique shops. I look forward to my next trip back and more exploring. This place has so much potential.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My boyfriend and I went with another young couple because my friend is good friends with the owners and to this day we still laugh about our crazy pollywogg adventure! Hilarious stories and pix. We hung out with micky quite a bit, and def. drank our fair share if the amazing homemade wine :-) food was good, service was great. However, waking up hungover on that awful dome was pretty trumatic. My friends stayed in the sauna and we were extremely jealous. We will probably go again this summer but book another room!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Nice Sunday afternoon thing to do when deep in the country. We planned a Sunday family day out just to see the accomadation and get an idea of what life in the outback could be, but we were peasantly surprised to arrive on a day with a live band playing, but perfect weather to wander. They've made a real effort of this place, although pricing it for city folk wanting to experience the great outdoors. Pizza was nice though and the selection of bottled beers was good.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville
#2 of 3 in Wellsville
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 4 in Hornell

Been to Pollywogg Holler Eco-Resort? Share your experiences!