“An American treasure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Lenhart

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bemus Point
Hotel Lenhart
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bemus Point
Albany, New York
“An American treasure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

This is a uniquely perfect place. Old-time charm and gorgeous location.

Go to the bar, have a 'Rocker' and sit in a rocking chair on the porch. That's all you need!

Family friendly but also great for couples. Very romantic and lots of nightlife in town.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank rainking61

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We ended up staying one night at the Lenhart because we were traveling to the Catskills and needed to pull off for the night because it was getting late. All of the major hotels between Erie and Bemus Point were booked and we took a risk (since we have three little kids). While it is true there is no A/C and the place apepars rough at times, the charm and character along with the great staff provides an experience we will not forget anytime soon. - included a great breakfast too!!!

Room Tip: It is warmer on the higher floors - also not all rooms have a shower but there are communal showers...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mnobriens
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Staying here reminds me of the movie dirty dancing. Everybody knows each other. People come back year after year. The social events are not sponsered by the hotel but plenty of fun stuff is held in different venues down the road. You have already read about the sparten rooms, old sinks, no AC etc. The bed was firm, the window worked, alhough I couldn't decide to leave it open or not given the teens chatting in the park outside. The staff was polite. The porch and the rockers facing the lake is the best thing about this place. Socialize, relax and enjoy the calm. The dining room was pretty and quaint, the rest... fine.
I chose a room with a bath. I did not think it was too expensive, worth the private bath. For the area, this is what you get. For other high end resort areas you would be expecting more.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Saegertown
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

We tooks a couples trip to Bemus this weekend, staying at the Lenhart for 2 nights. Where other complaints about AC or no elevators are concerned, I'm OK with that - I can climb stairs, and a fan is just fine. But they absolutely have dropped the ball on their room upkeep - leaky sink with rust stains, old ugly dirty linoleum in the bathroom, cheap towels and linens, and weak lukewarm shower water. I understand that it's an old building - maintenance must be an ongoing battle - but just a little more attention to detail could make a world of difference here - patch & paint the walls, upgrade the sinks, install better water heaters & pressue tanks. If this was $75 per night, I'd have few complaints - but at $150 and up, you expect more, even if their primary hook is location and history. Last bit re: service ... I realized after I checked out that they hadn't acknowledged my $100 deposit, so went back to the counter to get what was owed back - the lady's comment, "I hate giving back money." Yeah, and I hate spending an extra $100 for a room that doesn't live up to Super 8 standards... That departing comment @ the Lenhart left a decidedly poor taste in my mouth for what was an otherwise wonderful trip to Bemus with friends - what this family-operated hotel really needs is some competition to make them step up their standards.

Room Tip: Maybe the lower floors are better, but the top floor could definitely use some love...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Super H
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

The hotel Lenhart was built in 1890 or somewhere around there, without plumbing. So most rooms have a communal bathroom on the floor. Also there is no ac, but they will give you a fan. The night I was there it was ungodly hot and I got no sleep. The room I had was clean and very quaint, and small. I knew all this when I made the reservation so it was not a surprise. The hotel itself has lots of character and is centrally located in Bemis Point. Absolutely beautiful location! Oh yes, cash only, no credit cards. They have a central dining room that is restored and very pleasing. The breakfast was excellent and the staff attentive. Set your expectations accordingly and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

Old, outdated, stained, no AC, tiny room, non stop dripping plumbing, windows that don't work right, sagging mattress. Wow. Way too expensive for such a tired place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michelle m
Bemus Point, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

The lenhart is haunted no joke. I've talked to many people with expirences. When I approached the owner with my friend i was yelled at. I didn't bring up the fact of haunting, I asked, "what is the interesting history of the Lenhart?" she reply was snobby, and very angry, "no one died okay! yeah, it cought on fire years ago but we rebuilt it! It's a family business, it's been passed down for generations, it's old!" I wanted to know many because i was trying to trace the history of Bemus Point, I'm only a teenager, it was for some extra history credit. i got the hint and left imediatly, the words of the owner were sharp, and mad, I left. That was only what she said, when i walked into the building the musty air stung my nose and it was just really uncomfertable. I felt as I was being grabbed and pulled, my hair felt yanked behind me and I thought i was going to throw up! The inside was beautiful, clean isn't exactly the word though. I never want to expirience the eerie feelings Inside the hotel Lenhart.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
The Inn at the Peak
The Inn at the Peak
#1 of 1 in Clymer

Been to Hotel Lenhart? Share your experiences!