“Great Gyros!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I went to eat at Opa Grille and really enjoyed it! It wasn't the friendliest place, but the Gyros were delicious. There were waiters watching us eat, but still giving us anything we need. It was not crowded and had a small eating area. The take-out is much better. The location is okay, but it is noisy because of the train. There isn't a very nice view either and it is a small restaurant. Overall, I thought it was a good experience, and I will definitely eat there again. The Greek food is great!

1  Thank Cindy B

Reviewed 25 May 2013

First time at this restaurant, the service was decent however the food left quite a bit to be desired. The item I ordered (cheese pie w philo dough) said baked but came out completely fried - they said "oh, menu misprint". When I sent it back, they said no problem, took it off the bill but charged me for the salad that came with the meal!! Not really worth going back...

Reviewed 15 May 2013

So since moving to nassau county we have been looking for a good greek restaurant. We have passed by this place several times and it was on my list of restaurants to try. I finally was in the mood for greek so we ended up at Opa Grille. They start you off with pita with Tzatziki sauce which was good. We had the Spanakopita for an appetizer which is pinach, feta cheese and fresh herbs baked in a triangle phyllo dough and it was ok. I think the phyllo was too cruchy and not a lot of flavor but my hubby thought it was good. For entrees my husband had the Souvlaki with rice and a greek salad. The salad was big and the pork was juicy. I had the gyro sandwich with fries which was good. We did not eat dessert. We would def come back to Opa Grille because the food was good and not too pricy for the quality.

1  Thank cszlaien
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite local Greek restaurant and is located next to the Bethpage LIRR station. I order take out from here several times a year and I have dined in as well. Take our orders typically take at least twenty minutes but they've always been fresh, hot and correct.

The dining room is split in two with the main dining area just off to the right. The smaller dining area is also the counter front for takeout orders and has a tv that's always playing.

The food here is authentic, fresh and delicious. The avegolemono soup is my favorite and the chicken souvlaki is always fresh and tender. The pistachio and moussaka servings are generous and filling. There isn't anything I've had here that wasn't delicious or made fresh.

1  Thank Sandy R
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We frequent Opa at least once a month. If you are looking for a quick dinner, you're not going to get it here. We love Elizabeth, who works really hard each night making customers feel at home. The trouble is, some nights she is all alone on the floor. The food is excellent and it is made to order. Give it a chance and you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend the Chicken Mediterranean. My wife loves the Chicken Gyro. Go for the Cheese Pie for an appetizer.

1  Thank jetset1106