“BED BUGS!!!!!”

Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bethpage
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed here because I'm renovating my home. Woke up in the middle of the night to a bed bug on my arm. After carefully inspecting the 2 beds I found more bedbugs and staining on the mattress covers which is typical of bed bugs. I called front desk no one to be found. Next morning I spoke to the hotel manager and I showed her pictures and video of the bedbugs I found in the room. She was snide and at one point tried to suggest that I had fabricated the photo and video. I have now called American express and provided them with the pictures and video and they will be refunding me the stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Carp09
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear Carp09,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, so I was extremely disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We are complimented daily on our service, cleanliness, and amenities, so I take your comments very, very seriously. Let me assure you that your concerns have been fully researched and addressed, and I apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying.

I hope that you will give us, or another Extended Stay Hotels property, another opportunity to meet (and exceed) your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage

Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

I travel frequently for my job. I work at night so it is important that the morning is quite. This hotel exceeded my expectations, it was quite as a church mouse in the morning. The room was clean, and had all the emenetees including free wireless . The front desk person was very friendly and helpful. I needed a few things and they brought it up immediately. They gave directions that I needed. Checkin and out were a breeze. I will definately be back everytime I'm in town.

• Stayed: May 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Long Island - Bethpage. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations, and that the peace and quiet worked out well for you. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest the next time you are in town. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

It was a very clean hotel. It was convenient, right next to Cablevision properties. It was a one night stay, but they make it feel like home. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Long Island - Bethpage. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

My career requires me to live away from home for months at a time, so it's great to find a place that gives you the comforts of home. Nice clean rooms, clean hotel, excellent management and staff, great price for long term stays; what more can you ask for! If you are travelling to the Bethpage, New York area, then this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor and the 3rd floor and didn't have problems with noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Reviewed 1 April 2012

In my job I travel constantly. I've been in rooms up and down the East Coast. Staying at Extended Stay America has been a wonderful experiance. Any questions or comments were address immediately by Kevin and Christian at the front desk to ensure I had everything I needed. Why in Long Island I have found my home away from home!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I've been living at the Extended Stay America in Bethpage for the past 3 months and I can only say positive things about it. I took the time out of my busy work schedule because I feel that it's important to give credit when it's due. The property staff are not only personable, but helpful and very reliable as well. When I have questions or concerns, they are immediately addressed. When I come in from a long day at work, I come back to smiling faces and interesting converstion. Once a week I come home to a room that has been cleansed inside out by room service. Although this place doesn't have amenities, it does have a contract with Lifetime Fitness, one of the most amazing athletic centers I've been to in my life. The price for hotel guests...Free. The hotel is located a few miles away from the Long Island Expressway, the Northern State Parkway, and the Long Island Railroad, making travel very convenient and easily accesible. Bottom line, this place suites my needs, and I reccomend it to anyone else who needs a temporary living arrangement.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I travel quite a bit throughout the year. Whenever I am in an area where Extended Stay has a property, I like to stay there. The Flag is very conscientious about the condition of the rooms, which are clean, spacious and practical. However, I find myself writing this review because of all of the Extended Stay Properties that I have stayed at, the property in Bethpage has been, by far, the best. The staff is extremely friendly and it is clear that the management is superlative. There was a small issue during my stay which was addressed immediately when the management learned of the issue. The manager actually handled the situation herself to ensure that the issue was corrected immediately.

Extended Stay properties are not for everyone, but if you are looking for a safe, comfortable, and clean place to hang your hat for a week or two, Extended Stay and the Bethpage, New York property in particular, is a great place to get a little slice of home.

Gregg and Anita G.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Gregg and Anita,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Long Island - Bethpage. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethpage
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Econo Lodge Hicksville
Econo Lodge Hicksville
#1 of 2 in Hicksville
Days Inn Hicksville Long Island
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island

Been to Extended Stay America - Long Island - Bethpage? Share your experiences!