“unique and neat”
Review of Starlite Motel

Starlite Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Big Indian
Reviewed 5 August 2013

clean, large rooms, full kitchen, outdoor grill, screened outdoor sitting areas. cheerful friendly responsive service, quiet, nice breakfast basket, premium tv, good value, minutes from Bellayre Mountain

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2013

What a pleasant surprise the satellite motel turned out to be. It was so far from the notion of a motel. The room was very clean with a kitchenette, flat screen tv, premium movie channels and continental breakfast. There was even cute picnic tables in the back to enjoy breakfast. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for quality at a reasonable price. I will definitely be back here if I am ever back in the Catskills.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I haven't stayed at a motel since I was a child, and my memories of them are sketchy. This place is adorable!! You can tell the owners are very invested in the comfort of their guests. It appears that a lot of love has gone into the facility. It definitely has a woman's touch. The rooms are modest, yet charming. The beds have quality sheets and are very comfortable. It is all kept very very clean. The back is a common area with different colored picnic tables, a firepit, tea lights , weber grills and more. Very festive. A very cute place!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

In the Big Indian area for a family wedding, and carefully chose the Starlite from several options. The website very accurately portrayed this motel, except that it was even better than we expected. Everything was clean and orderly, and every possible guest need was anticipated. The breakfast basket included a very nice selection nice selection. The owner Michelle was extremely friendly and accommodating, and made us immediately feel at home. The best part of the stay for me had to have been the bed. Luxurious sheets and a thick memory foam topper made for a great night's rest. I joked with myself that if I could've fit that bed in my suitcase I might've brought it home with me! I wish we'd had the opportunity to avail ourselves of all the backyard had to offer, but will save that for another trip. If I am in the area again, I will DEFINITELY be booking a room at the Starlite!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
modato2, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you so much for choosing us. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Me and my Girlfriend really loved this place. We went with 2 more couples. The owner Michelle and staff were very friendly. Each room get fresh milk and a breakfast basket. it is only 10 mins away from a Freshtown market where you can get some fresh produce or some meet to cook with the grill in the backyard. I know that on this types of vacation you are supposed to be disconnected from the world and connected with nature but I was very excited when I saw they have a Roku in the room. For those of you who dont know what the Roku is, it is a Streaming media player just like Apple TV or WDTV. You can use your Pandora, Netflix or Amazon Prime account with it. If you have ever been to a trip in the mountains you'd know that there's hardly any to NO phone signal. But dont worry.. this place also has a Cell phone signal buster for Verizon and ATT.

We will be coming back :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jdlsf00

Thank you so much. It's nice to know that these little things are appreciated. I often think "what do I like when I travel?". So I have to admit that being a techno-junkie myself, I understand the need to stay connected. Still, we're always open to suggestions on making your experience more complete..

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very clean, cozy and very well kept up!. The best place I have stayed in a very long time :). Would stay here again. Please chose this place for your adventures in the Catskills. I loved the breakfast basket, and soft cozy memory foam beds

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2013

10 of us stopped at Starlite for 1 night of a motorcycle trip. The owner Michelle was really nice and friendly. The place was full of amenities. Each room got a breakfast basket. There is even fresh milk in the frig. The rooms were very clean with extra towels. There were BBQ at the back with candles, lights, bug repellents, screened patio with comfortable chair. A++++

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Pleasing a large group of well travelled folks, is sometimes challenging. But you guys are super easy. Please come again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Big Indian
Albergo Allegria
#1 of 7 in Windham
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Pine Hill Arms Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Starlite Motel? Share your experiences!