recently my mother lost her home to a fire and we needed to find a temporary place for her to stay while she seeks long term housing. Michelle the owner - graciously opened her doors to my mom and her two dogs.
Since the first day my mom was there, Michelle and Lucy ( the house keeper) have been amazing and very accommodating, from making sure that my mom and the dogs are comfortable during their stay. They are both very sweet and caring ladies, and are making this very difficult time for my mom as comforting as possible.
Every morning a wide assortment of food and snacks are given to my mom, along with clean towels, and toiletries.
The room is very spacious and very clean, "homey" making the stay very comfortable, not like traditional motels that you want to leave faster than you get there.
Being in the mountains, it is very difficult to get a wireless signal, but Michelle has that covered, she has a signal booster for both AT&T and Verizon, which is great as I was able to get my mom a cell phone while she is there so she can keep in touch with everyone. Also having free Wi-Fi for all of the guests is a very nice addition as well.
I cant thank Michelle enough for helping out my mom and opening her doors for her, I highly recommend this motel to anyone and everyone that is going to be in the area, you wont regret the choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Starlite Motel, your home away from home in the heart of the Catskill Region! The Starlite Motel is located on Route 28 in Big Indian, near famous hiking trails like the Big Indian Slide Mountain Trail and near to many towns and attractions which keeps our small Catskills hotel busy most of the year. Located on 2.5 acres, Starlite Motel is set back from Route 28 and nestled into the postcard setting of Rose Mountain. Our boutique hotel has a mere eight rooms, which shows our commitment to enjoying the Catskills in a relaxed and casual atmosphere while maintaining an outdoor experience. All rooms are newly renovated from a Cabin-like decor to Modern Country decor, which we are calling Premium rooms. All rooms are spacious, comfortable and loaded with amenities such as Kitchens, newly renovated baths, 90+ Cable Channels, Video Streaming and Free Wireless Internet. Visitors open the back door of their kitchen to find a retreat in the backyard; a sprawling wooded area with picnic tables, charcoal grills, a deck to lounge and a screened room for outdoor dining. Staying true to this mission, our hotel continues to be second home to many outdoor enthusiasts, filled with the nostalgia of great family memories built here. From the entire staff here at Starlite Motel, we look forward to having you, your family and friends join us soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Starlite Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlite Hotel Big Indian
- Starlite Motel Big Indian, New York - Catskill Region