“Great Motel - Great Staff”
Review of Starlite Motel

Starlite Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Big Indian
Reviewed 27 January 2014

recently my mother lost her home to a fire and we needed to find a temporary place for her to stay while she seeks long term housing. Michelle the owner - graciously opened her doors to my mom and her two dogs.

Since the first day my mom was there, Michelle and Lucy ( the house keeper) have been amazing and very accommodating, from making sure that my mom and the dogs are comfortable during their stay. They are both very sweet and caring ladies, and are making this very difficult time for my mom as comforting as possible.

Every morning a wide assortment of food and snacks are given to my mom, along with clean towels, and toiletries.

The room is very spacious and very clean, "homey" making the stay very comfortable, not like traditional motels that you want to leave faster than you get there.

Being in the mountains, it is very difficult to get a wireless signal, but Michelle has that covered, she has a signal booster for both AT&T and Verizon, which is great as I was able to get my mom a cell phone while she is there so she can keep in touch with everyone. Also having free Wi-Fi for all of the guests is a very nice addition as well.

I cant thank Michelle enough for helping out my mom and opening her doors for her, I highly recommend this motel to anyone and everyone that is going to be in the area, you wont regret the choice.

Matt H

1  Thank matt h

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife, son and I chose the Starlite due to its proximity to Belleayre.
Pros: 3 minute drive to Belleayre. Beautiful mountainside location. The staff was great. Gave us an early check-in and a late checkout. The room was clean and cozy. We loved the Netflix.
Cons: Website picture looks better than the room actually does. Price is the same as bigger chain hotels that offer more amenities.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My son and I went up for skiing and chose the Starlite due to location. It was better than we could have expected. The owner couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming. The staff was great and it was all very clean and comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped, the breakfast basket and amenities were terrific, beds were comfortable and the room was clean and well cared for. My son loved the Netflix and Pandora on the t.v. Definitely a place to return to - from the looks of the grounds it must be beautiful in the summer months too. Very highly recommend if you want to get away from the chains and corporate atmosphere.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

It was a pleasure to stay at the Starlite. The owner was extremely warm, welcoming and went out of her way to make us feel comfortable. It was clear that she takes great pride in her hotel and wants her guests to enjoy their stay. The beds were very comfortable, the kitchenette was newly renovated and well equipped, water pressure in the bathroom was excellent, and backyard was thoughtfully decorated. The breakfast basket in the morning was very sweet, as was the collection of teas in the hotel office. Highly recommend this hotel and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This wonderful old style motel was very clean and tidy. Very comfortable bed, great shower (lots of hot water and pressure), well equipped kitchenette, separate heating controls in each room, and lots of TV channels from which to choose, including ROKU with options for free movies from Netflix. The motel was very convenient for us, as we visit family in Phoenicia. We'll return in the spring/summer and enjoy the outdoor picnic tables and grounds, which looked lovely in the snow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Place was great. Right by Bellayre. She brought us a breakfast basket, room was clean, check in and out was very easy. Couldn't have been better. She recommended the Peekmoose up the street for food which was the best restaurant I've been to in years.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We chose the Starlite Motel after comparing prices and locations for a number of motels, inns, and B&Bs near the various Catskill ski areas. Starlite is just 2 miles from Belleayre Mountain, which seemed like a perfect fit. After booking, I realized I'd chosen the wrong date. Owner Michelle pleasantly answered my call and fixed my mistake immediately. After arriving at our hotel, we were thrilled to find a warm room (despite frigid temps outside), comfy beds, a shower with plenty of hot water and good pressure, a tv with free access to netflix, and a basket full of breakfast snacks. As vegans in the countryside during a snowstorm, we didn't know how much food we'd find in local restaurants, so access to a kitchen where we could cook our own meals was a huge plus. I spoke with Michelle a
few times during the weekend, and every time she was warm, attentive, and helpful. We look forward to visiting the region again and staying at the Starlite!

• Stayed: December 2013
19 mi away
Hotel Dylan
Hotel Dylan
#3 of 3 in Woodstock

Been to Starlite Motel? Share your experiences!