This motel was a true surprise for my Uncle and I during our hunting trip to the Catskill Mountains of New York State. We've stayed at several lodges in the area over the past 10 years and nothing we've experienced could match the "most bang for your buck" that is the Starlite Motel.
Very clean and well-appointed rooms with fresh towels, bathroom ammenities and comfortable beds. A kitchen with stove, fridge, counter space, sink, cooking utensils, etc. made this hunting trip the most comfortable in a decade.
Michelle, the owner, went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed, and her husband John was equally as accomodating.
We passed the Starlite motel a hundred times over the past decade and we finally decided to stay during our recent 5 night trip. My only regret is not staying here for the last 10 years. We won't make that mistake again.
Bottom line: A real sleeper of a motel with affordability, cleanliness, friendliness and great location in the Big Indian/Olivera valley area. I shall return for the winter sports season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Starlite Motel, your home away from home in the heart of the Catskill Region! The Starlite Motel is located on Route 28 in Big Indian, near famous hiking trails like the Big Indian Slide Mountain Trail and near to many towns and attractions which keeps our small Catskills hotel busy most of the year. Located on 2.5 acres, Starlite Motel is set back from Route 28 and nestled into the postcard setting of Rose Mountain. Our boutique hotel has a mere eight rooms, which shows our commitment to enjoying the Catskills in a relaxed and casual atmosphere while maintaining an outdoor experience. All rooms are newly renovated from a Cabin-like decor to Modern Country decor, which we are calling Premium rooms. All rooms are spacious, comfortable and loaded with amenities such as Kitchens, newly renovated baths, 90+ Cable Channels, Video Streaming and Free Wireless Internet. Visitors open the back door of their kitchen to find a retreat in the backyard; a sprawling wooded area with picnic tables, charcoal grills, a deck to lounge and a screened room for outdoor dining. Staying true to this mission, our hotel continues to be second home to many outdoor enthusiasts, filled with the nostalgia of great family memories built here. From the entire staff here at Starlite Motel, we look forward to having you, your family and friends join us soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Starlite Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlite Hotel Big Indian
- Starlite Motel Big Indian, New York - Catskill Region