My sister and I stayed at Cold Spring in mid Jan 2014. The beginning of my experience with Cold Spring was very positive. I emailed the lodge late night asking if they had availability and they responded almost immediately (within 1/2 hour at 12 midnight!). I was very impressed! The manager (I believe her name is Joan) was so friendly upon arrival and very willing to answer all questions we had. Given the fact that we arrived fairly late day #1 (around 8pm), we ate at a local restaurant (Peek-a-moose --- I highly recommend) and retired to bed early. The next morning I awoke to the sound of what I thought was the house settling. I dozed off and then was quickly awakened again by the same sound. At this point, I decided to wake up and shower. As I was stepping out of the shower, I hear my sister scream and tell me that she just saw a mouse scurrying around in the kitchen (I realized at this point that the sound I heard must have been mice crawling in the walls). I quickly dressed and looked in the kitchen. I saw the mouse in the kitchen and thought well it is winter, its not a big deal. We then went out for approx. 4 hrs. Upon our return, we noticed there were MULTIPLE mice running from a closet in the kitchen to the area behind the stove. There was some sort of mouse bait there, and one at a time, they would run, then eat the bait and then run back inside the pantry. We stood there for over 15 mins and could not believe how many mice we saw running back and forth. We decided we could not stay a minute longer and checked out about 12 hrs early. I'd also like to note that the mouse problem was so bad that we checked out in the middle of the night. The amount of mice in the cabin was indicative of a severe infestation that was obviously not properly managed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round lodging featuring two and three bedroom efficiency cabins with wood burning fireplaces located in the Catskill Mountains. For lovers of hiking, skiing, hunting, tubing, fishing, tennis, golf, sitting by the fireplace, or enjoying the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Cold Spring Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cold Spring Hotel Big Indian
- Cold Spring Lodge Big Indian, New York - Catskill Region