“a little short on the sides”

Peekamoose Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Big Indian
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The food was delicious but the sides left a little to be desired. I ordered chicken (which was delicious) but the sides were a few blueberries, a very small onion and some sprouts. My husband had halibut (which was delicious) with 3 dime size potatoes. The manager was very polite and offered additional potatoes but we feel you should not have to ask for a reasonable portion.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Ate at this place on a rainy Friday night in May. No reservations and we were concerned because it looked like the parking lot was full. Were offered a few seating places in the bar area and chose a table next to the door going out to the fire pit area. Good location with the rain pouring down and the smell of the burning wood. Bar was crowded and it seemed like the crowd had all been there before. Wife had the Chopped Salad which was excellent. I had the burger which was cooked as requested and also very good. I had the Bronx Brewery pale ale which was very good. My wife had a Cabernet suggested by the waitress which good. Coming from Long Island I didn't find the place to be too expensive.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have eaten here several times over the last year and have only seen improvement. The quality of food has now gone from above average to a must try especially simple items like the chopped salad and as entree the chicken was the best. Good service and atmosphere

1  Thank John L
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is probably the most high-end restaurant in the Catskills, which is reflected in their prices, service and atmosphere. This may also be one of the only restaurants I've been to in the area that really does require reservations to avoid a lengthy wait for a table. There is a formal dining room and a bar area where they serve the same menu. The bar was hectic and the service slow on a recent busy night. I would recommend the main dining room if you want a calmer dining experience. The staff was professional, but didn't seem to have their sea legs yet for the busy season.

The food was mixed. Some dishes (chopped salad) were great, while the steak was obviously under a heating lamp a little too long. The beer list was solid and the cocktail menu was Brooklyn hipster.

They were quite thoughtful in how they created the atmosphere. We were encouraged to visit the fire pit outside the restaurant to roast a marshmallow on our way out. There was a little play room for kids built around a fairy-tale like tree which was completely charming. The staff were well versed on the food and drinks and happy to tell you more about them.

This is a great break from the usual Catskills dining experience. I'm sure a couple more weeks of high season traffic and they'll work out the kinks.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stopped by a local cafe/ furniture store in Catskills and out of the blue just ask for a restaurant recommendation. The cafe staff recommended this place and we tried to make a reservation for dinner but nothing was available.

We asked the hotel and they said the outdoor seating is walk-in so we gave it a try. Love this place already from the look of it, it is very relaxing and just to look at all the trees surrounding it, it was a treat already.

We ordered asparagus, chicken and steak and they were all very tasty. I love the asparagus a lot, the seasoning pair with the asparagus very well. The asparagus tasted very fresh.

The chicken is organic and I saw some chickens roaming around in the restaurants too. Chicken tasted like they are farm chicken and has strong chicken flavor.

The steak was very tender and juicy.

Love this dinning experience!