“Very very nice”

DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
“Very very nice”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

After being on a long drive from NYC, we decided to find a hotel for the night. I read the reviews for the riverwalk hotel and was impressed, so I decided to give it a shot. When I called and got informed about their very affordable prices, my family and I decided this was the place for us. Once I walked into my room I immediately noticed how spacious it was. (We got the king suite, and I honestly imagined it being crammed, but I was very wrong.) The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. The bathroom was equipped with 4 fluffy towels, hand towels, and wash cloths. Also, I was very impressed that their soap, shampoo, etc was bath & body works brand. The room has a huge window, that doesnt really overlook anything interesting but just having that big window was pretty cool. Other little things that the room has is a coffee pot with coffee and condiments (with fancy little glass coffee cups), a blow dryer, an iron and ironing board. Also, the fitness center and pool are definitely a plus. Im absolutely pleased with this place and if I was ever in the area again this would be the place id choose to stay

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank lyndsey614

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Clean rooms, decent restaurant and nice athletic center. Free breakfast in the morning consisted of tiny donuts and coffee. We expected more for the breakfast. We ended up buying breakfast in their restaurant and it was really yummy. The vegetarian omelet was great.

We had dinner the night before. Service was painfully slow. One waiter on duty. He seemed overwhelmed and exhausted. Food however was really good. Wish we had just ordered room service.

I would stay here again, since there really aren't many options.

Room Tip: We had a queen room with two beds. fine for what we needed.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Cena1153
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2011

They are working to make this a more comfortable place to stay.
Offering low rates is a good idea. We were coming to town for a funeral and they gave us a special "bereavement" rate.
If you're not fussy about luxury, this is a great place to stay when visiting anyplace in the southern tier.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Suemacktours
Syracuse
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Spent, July 28, 29 &30, 2011 at the Riverwalk. Was able to get a "Penthouse King Room" on the 9th floor (Room 907) for $89.99 per night with total bill coming to $301.00 with final taxes added. The room was very clean, had no unusual odors, and no sign of any unsanitary conditions. It was very quiet and the mattress was firm, which is preferable to me. The maid was very quick and efficient, though by about 9AM loud bangs could be heard as she cleaned adjacent rooms. I get up before then anyway. The hottel fitness area is exceptionally nice and I used the facilities each day. I did not utilize the restaurant or bar as they seem a little institutional in appearance. I like rich colored wood adourning the walls of a place where I will hang my martini.

The hotel was very nice and I would definitely stay there in the future.

Room Tip: Peruse hoytels internet site for
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jsc632000
boogie87, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
Hello,
We thank you for your kind review and hope to have you stay with us again.
The hotel is progessing with its renovations and we're very excited to be getting everything closer and closer to being complete!
Binghamton Riverwalk Staff
South Park Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Binghamton Riverwalk on July 17, 2011 for two nights. The room we stayed in was so old and dilapidated that we didn't want to go back to our room for the night. It was very depressing. It was sort of like outdated YMCA. The hotel came under new ownership in Dec/2010 and they are trying. The 1st floor lobby is all new and has a nice looking restaurant where the included continental breakfast is served. But if you walk over to the windows in the restaurant, you look right at the two big red trash dumpsters. Someone please move them! And also there is a nice view of all of the orange construction barrels in the rear parking lot. For some unknown reason half of this rear parking lot is closed. There was construction at the rear left corner of the hotel but I couldn't see how it impacted the parking lot. The continental breakfast, buy the way was fair. All starches. Someone please clean the glass milk bottles before you bring them out from the previous day. Back to the parking, there is parking in the rear which brings you into the lower level until 11:00 PM. That floor is wide open. No security at all down there and you can just get on the elevator and go to any floor you like. The parking lot in the front of the building is across the street. It is well lit and there is a designated cross walk but I didn't feel safe even walking that far. There are new linens in the rooms but other than that everything is OLD. No door on the closet in our room. The 10th floor is closed and is the first to be remodeled. They are working down from there. The parking garage is closed for construction. Maybe when all of the remodeling construction work is complete the place will be all right, but for now ugh!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Hello there,
I wanted to respond to your review to explain some of the items you had complaints about.
The rooms are starting to be renovated so for now we have put in all new bedding and bathroom amenities. Also, there are new flatscreen tv's being installed as we speak. The back parking lot was closed due to paving. The dumpsters were there from the work they were doing. They are now gone and the parking lot is open. There may be other times the dumpsters are there because the hotel is continually doing work and improving. The Garden Level doors are locked at 11pm, which makes it so no one can enter through those doors. Please be aware that there are cameras and security measures all over the hotel so please feel safe. We hope you return to the Binghamton Riverwalk and appreciate your comments so we can make your stay a great one.
Binghamton Riverwalk Staff
Cary, NC
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel is in the midst of renovations. While the lobby and other public areas are beautiful and contemporary, the rooms look like they are straight from 1985 Miami Vice. I'd forgotten how popular mauve was about 20+ years ago. Anyway, the housekeeping staff was good at anticipating our needs, and the pool/gym were very well designed for guest needs. While the hotel offered continental breakfast in the room price, I opted for inexpensive and delicious upgrades--omlettes and such. Restaurant service was very good. I look forward to returning when the renovations are complete. If the hotel can keep up its housekeeping and restaurant service (and finish training front desk staff), this will be the best choice in Binghamton.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Stayed aot 3 nights, the rooms are below average, carpeting was stained and in need or major cleaning or replacement. Hot water faucet in bathroom sink would not work, hot water ran full blast. Called front desk three times than after an hour left to attend a meeting. When I went to breakfast, no waitress in sight to take my complementary continental ticket, no donuts, danish or bagels left, coffee pots were near empty. The rate of the room was $100.00 plus, it is on a par with a 2 star hotel. Parking is across the street or in back of hotel, both are quite a walk from the main lobby, and both are unsecured. Only 2 small park benches to sit on outside, the patio was padlocked.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel for handicapped travelers unless you have an electric wheelchair to...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Gertie0001
Hello,
I am sorry to hear you did not have a good stay. I wanted to respond to your comment to let you know that the rooms are in the process of being fully renovated. The Continental Breakfast is from 6:30-10 so if it was between those hours there definitley should have been food there for you. Both parking lots are very secure with security cameras on site. Our hotel is very handicapped accessible with a wheelchair on site to help handicapped people from their cars to their rooms. Anyone checking in to the hotel is more than welcome to park right outside the doors under an enclosed structure to protect from rain while you check in and the bellman helps you with your luggage to your room. The Garden Terrace patio out back of the hotel is designated for special events and parties. The patio out by the pool is open for hotel guests to enjoy. If you would like to see the patio to hold an event here please contact the Sales Department at [--] and they would be more than happy to show you the area.
We appreciate your review and hope you stay with us again.
The Binghamton Riverwalk Staff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton? Share your experiences!