“A stay in Binghamton that will be remembered always!!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Bayport, New York
“A stay in Binghamton that will be remembered always!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Just returned from Binghamton area for New York State Baseball State Championship. Our group of proud parents stayed at the Doubletree Binghamton and received great treatment, wonderful accommodations, friendly service and the Bayport Blue Point Phantoms took home the State Championship Trophy. I highly recommend this hotel it only enhanced our experience!!
Julie from Long Island

Room Tip: all the rooms have wonderful pillowtop beds
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie A
PattyW225, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Julie,

Congratulations again on taking home the state championship! What a wonderful accomplishment! You and all of the parents should be very proud!
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay as well at the Hotel and that we were able to accommodate you on such a busy weekend. I think that is great that the NYS AMVET guests were able to cheer you on as well.
Please let me know if you will be back in town soon, we would love to be able to accommodate you and your family or better yet the entire TEAM next time!

Have a great summer!

Patty Weist
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I booked a single night at the Doubletree while enroute from SC to Boston and found it to be a gem in an otherwise depressed little city. My only complaint is the hotel was virtually empty the day I checked in and it still cost $138 (with taxes included) to stay there. Given the dearth of recommended hotels in Binghamton I wasn’t in a position to quibble, but that seemed excessive especially since breakfast wasn't included with the room.

The hotel lobby is huge, but appeared pretty sterile since I was one of only 3 people there (the other 2 were the desk manager and valet). Check-in was very smooth and easy. The desk manager was friendly and eager to accommodate my request for a quiet, upper floor room. That was easy since, as I mentioned earlier, the hotel was nearly empty (which the front desk confirmed).

My room (705) was recently remodeled and has all the conveniences of a good business class hotel. It was quite clean, had one of the best beds I’ve ever slept on, and was super spacious. Since the room faces the river it also feels very private. Wifi was very fast and easy to connect to.

The hotel is about 2 blocks from the heart of downtown –which judging from its architecture was probably a thriving place at one time. Unfortunately that time has passed and the city is pretty much a ghost town (though I did find a surprisingly good Thai restaurant, Thai Time, just a few blocks from the hotel). Hopefully it’s more active when the University is in session.

Overall I liked the hotel and would stay there again if I was back in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank BobbyWashington
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Binghamton is a small, quaint area. In the heart of their small city you find this gorgeous property! I would like to start off by commending Josh (shuttle driver/concierge/bellman) for starting off our trip on a very high note. Upon arrival he instantly greeted us, helped unload our car, and while bringing our luggage up with a smile, told us of all the great places to visit while in Binghamton. We were here for a wedding, I booked under the wedding block and my parents booked using their Hilton Honors rate, so unfortunately I can not give much advice when it comes to affordability. My room was very nice, my parents room was absolutely gorgeous. If you decide to stay at this property please request a corner room; gorgeous views, about an extra 10(ish) feet of space and away from any possible noise(which there wasn't any during our trip). Each room had very modern décor and the beds were to die for! I was worried at first when I saw the rainfall shower head in the shower since they are sometimes known for low water pressure, this was never an issue during my stay. I noticed that the stopper in my sink was stuck closed initially, but was quickly fixed after mentioning it to the front desk. Overall, this property is definitely worth a try, and I will be sure to stay again next time I am in Binghamton!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TrendyTravel5989
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

The hotel itself is beautiful (on the inside) and the facilities are top notch too but the service of the employees was really a highlight! The restaurant had delicious food and the most friendly yet professional staff. I would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting the area and the restaurant to locals as well as out of towners. I will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank chelsielynn
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

TL;DR Not perfect but very good, especially for the area. Will be back in the future.

We arrived Saturday evening with the DJ/band rocking out in the bar to the left of the entrance and made our way to the reception desk to the right. The front desk clerk was unfortunately working alone while dealing with a constant line of guests as the loud music echoed through the lobby. She was visibly frazzled but remained professional as the strain was taking its toll. She noticed and acknowledged that the computer system did not print out our room receipt correctly and hand wrote the information for us. Kudos to her. I hope she made it though the night as there was a line behind us.

The corner room was spacious. So spacious it could have used some more artwork on the walls and the couch, chair, and coffee table looked like islands in a vast open sea. A dim-able floor lamp would be a nice touch. With a combination of remodeling going on, and perhaps our room not being occupied for a few days, the room had a light layer of dust on the furniture. On the seat of the chair were some cheese cracker crumbs. The crumbs would be easily missed as they were hidden from most views by the arm of the chair. The glasses were dirty, but clean for subsequent nights.

We had a problem with the room phone. One of the extensions was off the hook and the phone did not make the annoying bleeping sound to alert us to this fact. I used my cell phone to call the front desk when needed until we realized what the problem was.

The bathtub was not completely clean, there were some pubic hairs that freaked my girlfriend out. The sink drain had a leak and left a stain on the floor underneath. The sink faucet is more stylish than what I think as practical as I found it got in my way when I washed my face.

I am 5' 10" in bare feet and found the shower's rain head and tub & shower stall ceiling to be a bit too low. There is a bit of a step up into the tub, so it can be a cramp fit for taller folks. The tub drain was a bit slow at times and when closed had a slow leak.

The bed and bedding were very comfortable, the complementary Wi-Fi superb, and staff friendly as well as professional. The attached fitness center impressed my girlfriend who came back from her workout and said "This is the plan. We rent a U-Haul trailer and steel a treadmill." We had room service provide breakfast for two mornings and it was delicious. They did forget tea bags one morning and when called asked what tea we wanted and delivered exactly than a few moments later.

I grew up in the Binghamton area and wish this hotel and staff well. Binghamton needs such a property and I ask that you offer your patronage as a form of support.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are spacious, if not too spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darian G
Albany, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is the BEST place we've ever stayed in while in the Binghamton area. It's very accessible, less than 5 minutes from I-88, I-81 and Route 17. We got a great deal on the room; we liked the place so much, we stayed an extra night. Front desk and bell staff were very friendly and helpful. Can't beat free parking, too. 10 minute walk up Henry Street to NYSEG Stadium, for all you minor league baseball fans. Nice funky tapas café across the street, and old-style Italian just around the corner.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DJMAlbany_NY
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Excellent. Highly recommend. The hotel staff was friendly, rooms clean and smelled fresh. You could tell everything was "new." The food at the bar was the best burger. A little overdone on the burger but I still ate it all. That's how good it was.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton? Share your experiences!