My wife and I just stayed here for 2 nights. Turns out it's a Sharper Image hotel. "Sharper Image" products are those that look great, but don't actually do the main thing they're supposed to do. Like the shower radio we bought from Sharper Image once, which looked really cool, but couldn't receive any radio stations.
What can't the DoubleTree at Binghamton do?
1) Provide hot water for a shower; one morning, it was tepid, the next, cold.
2) Provide toilet paper. The maid left us about 1/10th of a roll, and it took almost an hour, and two trips by me down to the main desk, to get another roll.
3) Keep the maid from knocking on your door very early in the morning.
The river view is nice, and the room was roomy, but at its most basic, what I want from a hotel is a place to sleep (oops), a hot shower (oops), and a functioning bathroom (oops).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, where the little things mean everything! We offer the finest accommodations in the Binghamton area. Guests enjoy free use of the Riverwalk Athletic Club located onsite and fine dining at our restaurant, the River Bistro. We also have exceptional facilities for gala occasions and corporate meetings. We can host events from 2 to 1,000 people and have a variety of meeting spaces to fit the needs of any event! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Binghamton Riverwalk Hotel Binghamton