“third time NOT a charm” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Syracuse
“third time NOT a charm”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed in the hotel for what was my third time there. As usual booked a suite. During the booking phase I requested a river front suite on a high floor so I'd be above the street noise. I was told No Prob. When I arrived I was given one choice. Second floor street facing. They couldn't explain why I was told at booking I'd get a river facing high floor. Oh well. The suite on the second floor was somewhat un- sanitary. For example, found what appeared to be pubic hair in the small bucket used for ice and making mixed drink. Crumbs here and there and unclean bathrooms. I tided it up as I was expecting guests. I could live with all that. But at about 7:30 the thumping began. There was a LOUD obnoxious band playing in their events center immediately below my window. My room thumped like a car with a subwoofer. I called to complain and was not met with much help. The noise continued until 10:30PM. This was the three hour period for which I was entertaining guests.

The next morning at checkout, I explained my dilemma to the front desk staff. I did not receive adequate reimbursement. To add insult to injury, though I had arranged to pay cash for my room charges, the clerk rang up the charge on my credit card anyway. I explained previously to her that I did not wish too have a credit card record of my stay. Hence the reason for cash.

All in all, this experience was negative. Though I can overlook the uncleanliness of the room, I remain upset concerning the unreasonable noise, the fact they indicated I'd have a high floor suite, and that they failed to follow my instructions on billing procedures. Mostly, I do not like the manner by which management handlesd my complaints. Next time I shall think twice about staying there. Please note this is my third review of this hotel. The other two have been favorable.

Room Tip: Definitely go high floor and definitely splurge for a suite. Make certain you clean the ice cube c...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jsc632000
Pattyw322, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to exceeding our guests' expectations, and welcome you to contact our offices directly, (607)-722-7575, if we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate the quality hospitality you have come to expect from us.

Patty Weist
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
bayport, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

we were very happy my wife has bad allergies and we called ahead and asked that all bedding have a cover and happily they made sure all our needs were met very friendly staff also the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable we were away from the elevator so our sleep was very solid do to the quiet we also had drinks at the bar and they were great our overall stay was a pleasure and I wish they had more double tree locations if they did we wouldn't stay anywhere else

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Frank A
Binghamton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a group event. Check in was smooth and easy (warm cookie and plenty of smiles). I booked the king corner suite (the room with the sofa bed). The room was very large with more then enough room for the 3 of us. The refrigerator was on (most hotels you have to turn on when you arrive) and the temperature in the room was good (not to hot or cold). The food in the restaurant was good with a nice selection. I will definitely stay here again.

Willard, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

During my stay at the newly renovated Double Tree in Binghamton, NY the staff was pleasant and the appearance of the hotel was pleasing. However, during my entire stay (4 nights) the floor in my room was never vacuumed. There were crumbs, candy and jewelry remnants there at my time of arrival and there the day I left. With this level of cleaning it concerns me about other factors for a clean and hygienic stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Broomall, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I and two daughters stayed at this Hilton recently, stopping there on the way from A to B. We ha a very nice experience. Our room had plenty of space, and looked out onto the Chenango River, which flows down into the Susquehanna about a half mile down. We used the swimming pool, and the heated Jacuzzi. Very nice. Had drinks at the bar- which was participating in a city wide Halloween event- and so people in costumer were coming and going all night. Bartendresses were very good. And we had breakfast the next morning - a buffet - also very good. The room was clean - the whole hotel was impressive. In addition to a fitness club, they are near the recreational trail that runs along the river - we walked it down to the confluence of the rivers. We were very pleased with the facilities, and the price was reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for the river view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Totally enjoyed our stay at the Double Tree. Easy access off the highway and we were able to get a great rate through Roomsaver.com. The cookies that everyone raves about really are Fantastic and dangerously good. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Beds were warm and plush - so comfortable. The bathroom is modern and ultra clean. The only complaint we had was that during the night the fridge was very loud when the compressor kicked on and the heating system was louder than others we have encountered. Would stay here again!!

Binghampton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was a part of a family wedding party at your hotel this past week-end. The rooms were immaculate, the staff was always courteous and I would hightly recommend this hotel. During breakfast, my mother had a medical incident and the staff could not have been more responsive to our needs and helped to make the incident private to other guests. thank you.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton? Share your experiences!