“Great Hotel, greast service, greatest price”

DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hotel was fantastic and as expected for a Doubletree. Everything is situated to maximize th4e comfort of the traveler. If you want a guaranteed good nights rest without hassles-- use Doubletree anywhere and especially this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Alyssa C, Sales Administrator at DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Daniel,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Alyssa Cinti
Sales Administrator

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Arrived recently to spend one night while traveling long distance. The room was clean and large and the toiletries were very nice. The parking can be problematic, and I can't imagine what would happen if there was an event. We wanted to eat in the hotel, but when we were seated, nobody offered us a menu or information regarding the buffet. We finally had to ask, and decided to peruse the buffet. It was so disappointing with limited choices, less than the free ones at other Hilton properties.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thehappydane
PattyW225, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear thehappydance,

Thank you for taking the time for writing this review. We appreciate the feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed our toiletries and guest rooms. We apologize that parking was problematic for you and it has been addressed. Also we apologize for the issues with service. We have promptly addressed it with our Food and Beverage director. We have a new Chef who is extremely creative in his techniques. We are looking forward to you staying with us again soon and trying some of his new creations!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had a coupon that I would receive an additional 500 HH points if we ordered from room service. We ordered breakfast using the hang tag provided and asked for the latest delivery 9:00 - 9:15. The phone rang at 7:30 am, waking us up, to let us know they were out of the bread we chose. The food then came 45 minutes prior to the requested window yet the food was ice cold. The hotel should discontinue room service since they cannot do it properly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear EWING529,

Thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. We apologize about the problems with room service and it has been promptly addressed with our Food and Beverage Director. We also have a new Chef who has many new techniques. We hope to have you stay with us again soon and try one of his specialties. Thank you again for bringing this to our alert.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Dinner at this hotel is akin to "hotel food". It spears that the food at the double tree is prepared by those who never taste that food. Almost every item served was inedible. Breakfast was also dull and the serving area chaotic. The rooms are lovely and clean. Slow internet....

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ben L
Pattyw322, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Ben,

My apologies for the food quality not meeting your expectations. At the DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, we want to serve fresh, tasty dishes with the caring touches of home. We work continually to improve our menu offerings, and your comments will help us improve. We hope you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in the area and let us know how we’re doing.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was introduced to the Doubletree in Binghamptom, NY by a family member as part of a wedding invitation. Arrived a few hours early and called the hotel to find out about having my room a few hours earlier than my expected time of arrival, they were very accomodating and the room was freshly cleaned and prepared for my stay. The restaurant was very nice and airy, the food was great so we returned for breakfast. My all around experience was excellence and I really could find anything negative. I would definately reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for Easter weekend. I was not disappointed one bit. Its about a 10-15 minutr walk from the bus depot. What was nice was there was ample parking across the street as well as on the hotel premises.
Upon check in I kindly asked for a river view room and near the elevator banks. No problem as I was granted both requests. I also got a warm chocolage chip cookie as well at the front desk.
Upon entering my room on the 8th floor..everything looked cleaned and spacious. No problems seen and a decent view of the river.
Though I did wish the room was a tad colder but thats my preference. Theres vending and ice machines right by the elevator. There were two elevators but one got shut down for repairs that weekend.
A large flat screen tv...work desk..chair to relax..and 3 soft pillows for each soft bed. Also theres a mini refrigerator hidden inside the cabinet. Iron board and iron inside a closet with a safe. Bathroom had the usual amenities as well as a hairdryer tucked away in one compartment.
Had a bit of problem connecting their wi fi to my phone but it was solved pretty easily.
Fitness facility is actually the Riverwalk Athletic Club which sits nearby the hotel which you can access thru a walkway past the front desk lobby. They has gym equipment as well as a good sized pool and a hot tub close by.
The hotel has various meeting hall rooms on the first as well as the garden level. There is a small outdoor seating area but it wasnt open when I was there.
Outside the hotel and down a bit is the Martin Luther King riverwalk which is nice to stroll and take in the river view.
When I checked out I asked if the airport shuttle could drop myself and my party back to the bus depot as they were carrying a lot. They arranged it and I believe Michael our driver had us there in no time.
All in all I had a relaxing trip and would return again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Empire365
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We are a gold card member with Marriott and are looking to change. Problems encountered on this visit were : 1. When asked to speak to a mgr they said that they did not have one, just a restaurant mgr. 2 Asked for pillows, said their were not available. 3. Room was not cleaned after first day without us asking. 4.sink did not work, urine smell in bath. noise of running water. etc. etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Debra P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton? Share your experiences!