“Place to keep coming back too...”

Fairfield Inn Binghamton
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Reviewed 23 August 2014

When I come to Binghamton I stay at this Fairfield Inn Binghamton. They have had resent upgrades to the entire hotel. It's sleek and modern... But the thing I like about the hotel is the pass through rooms. I can have connecting rooms with the kids for safety. More importantly this hotel usually has exceptional customer service. We have been staying there for many years when we come visit my in-laws and every time the customer service is A+. Simply put this place makes a visit to my in-laws bearable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Davin D;

Thank you for your kind comments, it is always a pleasure to know that we are making a difference in our guest stay. It will be a great pleasure to pass on your remarks to the staff, and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Binghamton

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We recently stayed here for a weekend. We booked through a hotel site but called the hotel itself to confirm our preference. I was told I had to contact whoever I booked with online. I did, but wanted reassurance on our trip. I called the day of the trip for a question on early arrival to which I was told would be ok to check in early. When I questioned my preference that day, I was told they could not give any info out on the phone regarding any rooms, but when I mentioned a room on a high floor facing the park (The balloon rally) I was told it's facing the park and isn't the first floor. Well it wasn't, but it was the 2nd floor and 3/4 of the view, was the roof over the pool. I was disappointed but sucked it up. Live and learn. The hotel is very basic, no extra frills here if your looking for them. I had to call the desk and nobody answered the first time, so i hung up and called back later. A few times there was no one at the desk, including checkout. Housekeeping was very good, but I had to call the desk because we were not fully stocked on towels. We went out for breakfast so I can't comment on that. The hallway is stuffy. The bathroom is small with a very small turning space to close the door. The one thing we did like was the fact that the bed was very, very cozy. It was convenient for that weekend, but I won't stay here again, just due to the fact that I didn't get that welcoming feeling.

Room Tip: Don't ask........
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank babs067
Kevin M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Babs;

Thank you for contacting us regarding your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconveniences experienced. I have spoken to my front office supervisor to ensure that the challenges you faced would not be encountered upon your next visit. I thank you for your comments and look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I spent one night here. We had been visiting Binghamton University and the hotel was close and convenient. We arrived shortly after 6 PM and our check-in was uneventful. We had a room with two double beds and it was a fairly decent size. There was also a chair and lamp at the far end of the room. Through the years, I have stayed in similar styled rooms in other hotels and they have not been as roomy as this one was. It was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small. The door nearly hit the toilet as you swung it open, but it was very clean. In the morning, we did not stay for breakfast, as we needed to get a very early start, but we did peek in before departing. The breakfast area is very small and there were only a handful of tables, so I could envision major gridlock in that area as you tried to navigate around, picking up various breakfast items. I have stayed at other Fairfield Inns and all of them had larger breakfast areas than this hotel. Other than that, it was a decent place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chinaglia
Kevin M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Chibnaglia,

Thank your for your comments we certainly appreciate our guest input, it their comments that help us to better our operational services.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just returned from Philly. Stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Binghamton. It has been recently renovated and is very nice. The bedrooms have a microwave and bar fridge which is convenient.
Try not to get a room facing the highway.
The breakfast is adequate.
All in all a good place to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the street not the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank srb321
Kevin M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear SRB321,
Thank you for your remarks. We look forward to being of service to you when traveling to this area again.

Kevin L. Moseley

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel is a short drive outside of Binghamton and next to an Applebee's and Cracker Barrel. The hotel is clean and well maintained and hotel staff are accessible and helpful. My only complaint would be that the rooms are on the small side with double beds instead of queens in the two bed rooms and the bathroom also felt a little cramped?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven H
Kevin M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Steven H.

Thank you for sharing your comments, and your courteous review. We are delighted you chose to stay with us and look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back.

Kevin M.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Wow what a surprise this time!

Common areas and rooms have been totally redone since our last stay.

Common areas are fresh with an upscale decor. Front desk area looks like it could have come from a higher priced property.

We did have some issues on our check in and Sean was great to deal with. He took ownership of the issue and ensured our issues were dealt with in an efficient manner.

As far as rooms go, I would suggest a room ending in *24. These corner rooms are more spacious and have a small vestibule that comes in handy with a family of 4. The room was fresh and clean. Linens were crisp and comfortable. I had booked the room asking for foam pillows. Within minutes of checking in housekeeping was at the door with replacement pillows.

The only downfall of the refreshed property...the pool area.

The whirlpool while pleasant was concerning. I noticed the water being recirculated at the biotin of the basin was almost scald temperature. Yes I just moved away from it but it could I think hurt someone. The pool itself was a little too cool for me but the kids liked it. The deck area it the area that I think needs some work. Several area had standing water and it would appear that mild might be growing in the grout in some areas. I say might as I am not an expert in these areas, there was however discolouration.

Would I stay here again, yes. Convenience, cleanliness, predictability all boxes that can be ticked for this property.
Staff 5/5
Room 5/5
Location 5/5
Amenities 5/5
Pool 4/5

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Mark S
Kevin M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Mark S.

Thank you for your comments and your reflections form your stay. I will pass them on to my team especially Sean.

we look forward to an opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Kevin M.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Fairfield Inn at Binghamton, NY offered a clean, spacious King room with frig and microwave. The bed was very comfortable -- best pillows of any Fairfield Inn on this trip. The staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone was nice, and I want to give a special shout out to the woman in charge of the breakfast area. She checked with all people eating breakfast to see if they had what they wanted or if they had other needs she could meet.

The only thing that bugged me was how small the bathroom was in our room (106). The door missed the toilet by less than an inch. One had to squeeze between the toilet and sink to open or close the door. I smacked my toes the first time I was in there, hard enough to draw blood. The bedroom was so spacious that it would not have hurt to have taken another foot from there to make the bathroom usable. I have no way of knowing if all the rooms are like that, or only the one we had.

I see others have complained of noise from the highway, but our room faced that direction and we noticed no unusual noise.

The hotel has a nice, indoor pool, an exercise room and a guest laundry. The breakfast had a wide variety of hot and cold foods.

All in all, this is a good place to stay, especially if you have kids.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donna L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton
Quality Inn & Suites Binghamton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal

Been to Fairfield Inn Binghamton? Share your experiences!