“Nice and clean”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice and clean”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice and clean, simple breakfast, friendly staff, free wi-fi and good value. Will stop over here again. This was a great place to stop on the way to finger lakes. We pulled in at midnight and were greeted by a friendly front desk staff. Check in was simple and fast

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RPK1990

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The water is lukewarm ... Not hot enough to melt bath salts. Kind of comfortable if you continually and quickly rotate so all body parts remain in water. Quick egress is best. Day one complaint to desk, they just said ok. Assuming they'd fix it I went about enjoying the day. Day two complaint they said they could check it or move my room. Why would my shower be cool and the one next door hot? One of cleaning staff comes in that afternoon, sticks his hand in the water and deems it hot. I wanted him to get naked and try to take a shower but thought it inappropriate to suggest. He said the maintenance man was gone for the day and would come tomorrow. Day three complaint they said yeah they are having a problem with the hot water. Day four complaint man I can't even remember the excuse they used that day. On day six I called the company I booked through to get them involved or get a refund so I could move to a different hotel. They spoke to the manager who said the water is hot and no refund so I'm imprisoned here until my day 8 check out. My husband called the manager after the refusal to set us free and she said the water was set at that temperature for our safety! Lmho. Checking back on reviews last summer there was mentions of water problem. I'm thinking the hot water heater is not broken, just set low. You know how when you have a reservation and you get to your room it's all warm and toasty? Not here. It's freezing. First room we ever stayed in here a few months back, you couldn't turn the heat up to past cold but we found by removing the dial, one can turn the heat up as high as one wants. The breakfast room is so cold! The thermostat in there says 63. A complaint to the desk returns with "we can't do anything about that." Uh, turn up the heat? Otherwise the room which is good, lots of pillows but the sheet does slip off because it doesn't have deep enough pockets. No flat screen tv ... An older style but free wifi. Breakfast is pretty lame. Waffle maker, 2 cold cereals, 2 juices, bread, store bought bagels and Danish. Of course coffee. Place pretty much sucks.

Room Tip: Check the room before you move in. Does the heater adjust properly. Is the water hot.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GranmaTraveler
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We planned on staying @the Hampton Inn by the mall but couldn't find the hwy exit & the GPS was sending us around in circles, when we stumbled on HOJO & decided to stay. It's easy to find near the two main highways & only $69 a night (+tax). Check-in was simple, quick & the front desk staff was courteous. It was snowing & bitter cold, so I found their entry (tucked away behind the street) convenient/protected as I was able to park & roll in all our luggage with little trouble. Parking was abundant (I parked just feet from the door). The room was decent & looked like the "wet areas" (sink, bthm) have been recently remodeled with tile. The 3 things I noticed were the water heater is set low, the bed comforter was aged and no extra blankets. Breakfast was exactly what others have said, plain, store-bought bagels, juice & jam, but they had a waffle maker so we made waffles. Overall, nothing to be excited about, but it was a good overnight stay @at 70 bucks we got our money's worth. Save $40-80 if you're in the area for a night or two & stay there instead.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor--is near the bkfst area and less walk.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Gouverneur, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was there for a family gathering, the travel there was a few hours. We all got there early before check-in. they was wiling to let's us check-in early because of the small children, what a blessing.
The welcome was great cudos to Trisha and Kelly for being so kind to our family.
I encourage anyone to stay there, Thanks!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family