“Homey, Warm and Inviting with a Delicious Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pickle Hill B&B

Pickle Hill B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Binghamton
Pickle Hill B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Binghamton B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Homey, Warm and Inviting with a Delicious Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

My husband and I went on a spontaneous weekend getaway with our 19-month-old son and chose Pickle Hill due to its rankings on TripAdvisor. I had never been to a B&B, but had a lot of romantic ideas about the experience being cozy, quaint and intimate. I am happy to share that Pickle Hill delivered on all of that and more!

Leslie and Tom are a lovely couple with an inviting home. We stayed two nights and were the only guests for the weekend, so we had the entire "wing" to ourselves, which included a bedroom with a double bed, a sizable bathroom, as well as a lounge/sitting area full of interesting books, board games and a TV where my husband was pleased to find had cable access to the Knicks game.

The breakfast was very yummy and simple: eggs with home fries, grapefruit and toast one morning, and the next: a delicious quiche, homemade applesauce and scones with the most incredible rum butter (which Leslie packed for us to take home). A pot of coffee was always ready and waiting for us before we arrived in the breakfast room.

What impressed me the most was Leslie and Tom's hospitality and thoughtfulness. They were thrilled that we brought our baby with us and dug out toys and a rocking horse from their attic for him. Leslie sat with us in the mornings and chatted with us over breakfast, but was always mindful and aware of when we wanted some alone time. They also asked us what time we'd like to be served in the morning - and were in the kitchen cooking at 5:30am the day we departed to ensure our bellies were full and we were sent off well.

My husband, who has been to a number of B&B's (some larger and fancier), was quite pleased with the experience and I am now inspired to explore other B&B's wherever our travels take us. Above all, we all left Pickle Hill well-rested, fed and feeling a bit lighter in our hearts.

I highly recommend this place for couples, families and anyone looking for a homey experience.

Room Tip: Each room is furnished with a space heater - very handy on those snowy, wintery nights.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sharon L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dalton, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Although Tom and Leslie were friendly and chatty, you get what you pay for at Pickle Hill. Small, cramped and musty room. Had to share bathroom in the hallway. Home cooked breakfast was very good! Glad we only stayed one night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wendy34885
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We travelled from Texas and wanted a new experience in lodging- and we certainly got it! We were warmly greeted by Tom and immediately felt at home. Our room was charming and comfortable, as well as the bathroom and lovely sitting, TV area. Leslie offered suggestions for breakfast each morning. We thoroughly enjoyed baked eggs, homemade bread, assorted fruits. then pancakes and fruit the next day. We were made to feel so welcome that we didn't want to leave! Tom and Leslie are very special people. We thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William M
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

This is a reasonably priced, laid back B and B. It is the homiest Band B I have visited.

Tom was my host, Leslie being stuck elsewhere because of an ice storm. Tom was helpful with restaurant suggestions and served up a fine breakfast. The room was comfortable and quiet and I slept well. It had an electric fireplace, a welcome touch on a chilly night.

I recommend Pickle Hill.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Susan85046
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Tom and Leslie were born to be inn keepers. They are friendly and seem at ease with everyone. That puts their guests at ease as well! They are curious and interesting people, so they can tell you all about the area and the interesting places to visit and they can join in conversation about whatever interests you. Their home is comfortable and the food is delicious! Their B&B isn't just a business, it is like a way of life! By the time you go home, you will feel you have made new friends. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank YvonneT841
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Pickle Hill Bed and Breakfast was a wonderful place to stay this past weekend. I could not have asked for a more generous or hospitable host. The home was very comfortable, and the breakfasts healthy, filling, and delicious. Ideally, I would have preferred a location closer to downtown. However, the stay was much better than I could ask for at a typical chain hotel. The price is unbeatable also.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rina D
Potsdam, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

A pleasantly appointed small, cozy room with flannel sheets on the bed and my own heater to control the room temp granted me a good 2 night's sleep. A tasty, hearty breakfast kept me full until midafternoon. The owners are most personable, with just the right amount of attention. They do not have wireless internet, so I read. However, a small siting room with a TV was offered. I did not feel like an intrusion on their household. This B & B is terrific value! I plan on staying again when traveling on business.

Room Tip: I stayed when there were no other guests, and therefore did not share a bathroom.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank missionrecreate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
#4 of 13 in Binghamton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal

Been to Pickle Hill B&B? Share your experiences!