“OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Johnson City NY
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

Still a good place to have a steak. Location has a parking issue

Endwell
“Neighborhood place, good bar, excellent beef,fabulous crusted onion soup!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

Neighborhood place, good bar, excellent beef,fabulous crusted onion soup!

Binghamton, New York
“SECRET OF BINGHAMTON--NEW OWNER--NEW NAME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Now called ""The Beef". Best place for prime rib. Real homey place, great bar with generous cocktails, good service.

• Visited October 2011
Binghamton, NY
“Awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2010

This place is overpriced and you don't get a lot of bang for your buck. A small cut of meat and 4 very thin slices of potatoes made up my entire meal. Also, our server acted like we were putting him out to wait on us. He was not at all attentive and we were in and out of this place in 55 minutes, minus $65! The best part was the Blue Moon beer on tap!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Kirkwood, New York
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2008

We were hoping that this would be a nice experience but were disappointed.

The atmosphere of the place is rather dark and drab. Made me feel like I was eating in someones basement that they "tried" to fix up with old furniture and dark paneling. We were seated promptly (as there were only three other tables of diners in the restaurant.)

Once seated it our waitress was there within a couple of minutes. We ordered are beverages and that was the last we saw of her for over 10 minutes! Finally, she returned for our dinner orders (Note: we did give the universal sign that we were ready but closing our menus after about two minutes.)

After ordering our food, we received our salad portion about 5 minutes later (a bit of a longer wait than expected, but not awful). Once our salads were finished, our used salad plates sat on our table in front of us for more than 20 minutes! No sign of our waitress, it's like she forgot we even existed. Now, that place had maybe six tables of couples there at the time, so they were far from busy. People that arrived after us started receiving their meals, and there we sat with dirty salad plates in front of us. Finally, the waitress came by and asked if we would like the plates removed.

After about another 10 minutes, our meals arrived. We both ordered the Prime Rib (which was OK, nothing to write home about but not terrible either.) I had the "house potatoes" which were roasted potato "coins" that were supposed to be roasted with salt/pepper/garlic. They were awful. They tasted like they were made a couple of days before and reheated. Half of them were dry, hard and had an old oil taste. Not recommended. My husband ordered the baked potato which was ok though on the small side.

We did not get desert so I can't comment on that.

Over all, I would not recommend this place. And I hate to say that. I really like recommending local / non-chain restaurants, but I can't recommend this one. The wait we had was unacceptable and the food was mediocre at best.

Now, I have heard that they also have a sandwich menu which you have to ask for (it wasn't given to us). I have been told by others that the sandwiches are pretty good. So if you are going, you might want to make it a sandwich stop.

1 Thank debcav