“Great Stopover”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Great Stopover”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This was my first Hotel on my travels from Toronto to New York by Car. So I wanted a comfortable place to break my journey. From the outside the Hotel looks very tidy and smart, which we all expect from this chain. When I entered the reception I was greeted warmly by the people who checked me in for my room. Straight away felt, I had made a good choice, I had booked a twin room with 2 double bed as I was travelling with 2 other people, The beds were good and the room was very tidy. The Bathroom was weird for some reason, the sink was in the bedroom away from the shower/Bathroom. This is the only thing I found fault with but I still found the Hotel Good. Breakfast room is near reception and had plenty of choice, Outside is the swimming pool,which I found incredibly clean for an outside swimming pool. I wanted to jump in. The Hotel is situated on a main road not far from shops and restaurants. I would visit this Hotel again

Room Tip: I had a room opposite the swimming pool on the 3rd Floor and was satisfied with the location.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank shaun1968red

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed one night here. It's not fancy but clean and the beds are comfortable. The pillows were very soft and they have 4 per bed! Usually you only see two so this was nice.
We didn't have a pet but they do allow them which was good. However, if you can ask for a floor with no pets. We were woken up early in the am by a barking dog.
Breakfast was good. Eggs, waffles, sausage, yogurt, cereal, hard boiled eggs, bagels, and toast.
Good place for the money.

• Stayed August 2012
Wakefield
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel while on a tour bus visit to Cooperstown and Yankee Stadium. My first impression of the hotel was one of disappointment, but after three nights in three different hotels, there were some strengths here. While not impressive looking, our bedroom seemed clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was free and beyond the basics, with a cook preparing waffles and hot eggs and bacon in warming trays. Lots of pastries, cereals, etc. We appreciated the bathroom set-up the following night when two of us could not even get in the bathroom at the next hotel. At this Comfort Inn, the sink is on the outside of the bathroom, allowing my husband to shave in peace while I took my shower. Not a fancy place, but serviceable. I have no idea what we paid for the rooms, since we were on a bus trip, so I cannot judge its value.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Elmira, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2012

the room was a good size. it was clean. the staff was friendly.. loved the breakfast. the kids loved the outdoor pool...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank anagirl
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed 13 April 2012 via mobile

They promise a full breakfast. Lots of room at the back for the dog. Good sized room, clean, fast wifi.

Good for an overnight but hardly a destination.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank WEC01
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Visiting Binghamton with neither pets or children we still felt at home here.
Even the synchronized swim team behaved themselves at breakfast, which was lively and abundant.
Nearby Otsiningo park where we stretched our legs, and 5 minute drive from downtown.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Suemacktours
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Room was neat and clean, but not high quality for the price ($109). Have gotten more for less in better locales. Continental was fairly decent. Bathroom was clean but whole motel is outdated. Not a lot of other hotels to choose from. Bed was comfortable but again not high quality. Staff was friendly. Stayed here on way to an event at Colgate University. One of a very few hotels in the area that allows pets.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank PenGwennie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
#4 of 13 in Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Quality Inn & Suites Binghamton
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!