“Small place, big taste.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Odyssey Family Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 32 Restaurants in Blasdell
Orchard Park, New York
“Small place, big taste.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Had breakfast at the Odyssey Family Restaurant on 8/3/14. Actually, I went to this restaurant by mistake, as I had been going to the Apollo - but once I was inside I decided to stay and try it. I was very glad that I did. The restaurant was very bright and very clean. I sat at the counter, which was an old-style counter with about 10-12 round seats. The service was very prompt and the coffee was excellent. I ordered the Souvlaki breakfast with home fries - it was very tasty and a perfect portion that I did not feel overly full when I finished. The waitresses' banter was very friendly, and it seemed like they knew many of the customers, so I would guess that many of them were repeat customers, and I can understand why. My waitress, Alexus, was very attentive and prompt with my order and to refill my coffee. The prices were about average for a breakfast - I will have to go back to try other meals as well, but I can guarantee that the Odyssey Family Restaurant will have me as a repeat customer.

• Visited August 2014

West Seneca, New York
“nothing fancy but tasty food...”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I always order breakfast at the Odyssey-and always the same one-Eggs over light, zucchini patties with Greek yogurt sauce ( so delicious!), rye toast and a slice of ham. This visit the coffee seemed weak and the ham was like a pressed ham rather than a ham slice....a bit disappointing for sure-after receiving great coffee and ham for many years! This is why I only gave AVERAGE under food. The server was attentive, efficient and served "warm ups" throughout our breakfast, which I really enjoy. The environment could use a "spiffing up". Parking is right at the door.

I am struggling with a rating-because, until yesterday, everything has always been VERY GOOD!!!

• Visited January 2013
Glendive, Montana
“The name is Greek, but this place is true Americana!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

You know that place that Moe Bandy sings about....."Americana." Or that place on t.v. "where everybody knows your name, and you're always glad you came." Or the "Backroads" series that gets off the main roads and explores the "real" America? Yeah.....that's what the Odyssey Restaurant is.

My wife and I stopped here by chance on the way back from our first-ever trip to New York state. The restaurant small....a dozen or so tables....maybe 8 or 10 stools at the counter. It seemed apparent that almost everyone who walked in knew everyone else there. The waitress.....was perfect. She knew most people by name, knew what they wanted to order before they asked, and made small talk and/or asked concerned questions abou their family, job, etc. The waitress made us feel like we were regulars too....extremely friendly and professional. We felt like we were home, even though we had never been there before!

Oh... and the food....almost forgot.....the food was fantastic. There is a wonderful Greek menu. Don't care for Greek cuisine? Not to worry, there are also a number of American food offerings.
The food is delicious! The portions are large....mine was eye-popping large....and the prices are more than reasonable.

It was only by a stroke of luck that we happened to stop at the Odyssey. I wish we could pack it up and take it back home with us!

• Visited July 2012
Hamburg, New York
“Old school, that's cool.”
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

Nice little greek diner. everyone knows, everyone.