“Food Smelled Good......”
Review of Eagle's Nest

Eagle's Nest
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I'm a professional photographer, I left my home at 10 am to shoot a wedding in Bloomingburg NY
The wedding professionals always work as a group, we all can recommend each other while we sit with cliental so respect is key.
Arriving at Eagles Nest for a 5:30-10:30 reception. Unfortunately the weather was damp so the fantastic view was a bit foggy.
Bobby (the manager) introduced himself to me and asked me my name. We had no seat assignment so went about our business, tied in with the DJ Steve how made sure I knew the Bride and Grooms schedule. As you all know receptions can be a rocking party and this one was full of Firemen for Floyd NY. They "Burnt" up the dance floor!
When it came time for the meal we (my wife works with me) retired to their main lobby where they have comfi chairs to relax.
The DJ came out and asked if we had been asked about eating and we said no we have no seat and "Bobby" did not say anything about feeding us. The Grooms parents who are friends came out and asked if we ate and we said no, but we are fine, the groom came out an asked again we did not want to complain so said no we are good.
So now after dinner the full speed fun start's, the formal wedding dances with parents and such. We are into it full speed and a waitress comes to my wife and says they have a table set up for us with meals......so even though we are starved and have not eaten since 8am (it's now 9:15pm) their is no way we can leave to go eat so she declined. She then asked my wife if we wanted to take the prime rib back home with us. My wife also declined that. The manager then came to me to ask if I could photograph his beautiful Venetian Dessert bar which I did immediately as a professional should.
A bit later he came to my wife and asked if we had eaten, she said no, no one informed us that a table was set up with meals sitting on it for us. We left that evening at 10:30pm on a 2.5 hour drive home, we did stop at a McDonnalds for a bite to eat.....and the food was good, not prime rib but good.

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Was there for wedding the views are the best u can see to the Hudson River
Food was always around plate after plate the porch was the best just sitting and enjoying the view fit for a king

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Have been to this place for "events", and have had them cater when I managed a small, exclusive private club. In every instance, the food was delicious, service excellent, and the manager a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I've been here several times for many different occasions....
from sports banquets, dinners, New Year's eve to my own wedding!
The food has always been very good, the views & service are great. The owner was always willing to work with whatever we needed for our bookings & the guests were always pleased. There's not much else you can ask for ......

1  Thank Burnie17
Reviewed 11 November 2012

When you go to this restaurant you have a beautiful view of the countryside. I was last here for a wedding. The service was great. And I had the best sea bass ever!