“Amazing - great-tasting food, reasonably priced. Really, is this still possible??”

Mountain View Bar Restaurant & Pizzeria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Yep, it sure is. Mountain View is a bit (to say the least, I am being charitable tonight) off the beaten path and looks inside like a big pizzeria with a big enclosed (that's a blessing in itself) bar. But don't be fooled - the kitchen is doing a great job with bigger fare, so good we haven't even sampled any of the pizzas yet. The bottom line: we're shameless and unapologetic carnivores, and we had great restaurant entree steak dishes there every time we went - big, juicy (medium seared is our standard) and excellently done, w/ quality meats and great taste and reasonably priced. If I get all that in one package I don't care a whit about what the surroundings look like, how good the wait staff is or how difficult it is to get there. All in all, if you're anywhere from Middletown to Monticello around Route 17, absolutely do take the ride, it's definitely worth it!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

In Middletown a lot for business and wanted to find a local place for dinner than one of the chains. I was not disappointed at all. service was very friendly, the food was excellent, and very comfortable atmosphere. will definitely be back.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

General quiet environment, able to seat large groups. Standard Italian fare. Main dishes, pizza, salads. Some daily pecials.

1  Thank stefanchevalier
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Looking to dine with friends near Middletown but did not want a chain restaurant. We checked out Tripadvisor and due to the positive reviews off we went to this off the beaten path place and boy am I glad that we did. Located just 15 minutes from Middletown off route 17 down a beautiful winding country road made for a pleasant drive.

The parking lot was full yet I was concerned at first because it appeared to be a pizzeria but as I entered I found a pizzeria in the front and a large separate sit down dining area filled with locals enjoying drinks at the bar and at tables. Anthony, our server was friendly and efficient. The food presentation was gourmet unlike that of a pizzeria and tasted fresh and delicious. The airy bread and garlic bread made for a satisfying start to our meal as we sipped cocktails, tap beer and wine.

Our party of five had no problem finding something that interested them from the wide range of entrées that were offered on the extensive menu; included meat, fish, vegetarian, Italian, Mexican and American dishes.

Choosing from the specials menu, I began my meal with fresh crunchy salad (or I could have chose soup), and lobster ravioli with big sweet moist shrimp in a white sauce. Chunks of tasty lobster meat stuffed into the perfectly cooked el dente ravioli made for a satisfying meal. I saved some bread to dip into the lemony wine sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Large portions disallowed dessert but made for a great lunch the next day.

Making reservation was a good idea because the restaurant was bustling at 6PM when we arrived Saturday evening. Prices were reasonable and there was a large parking lot.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

This gem off the beaten path is great. I've had many things off the menu and everything has been very good. Chicken Parm is one of the best I've ever had. Serving sizes are plentiful, wait staff is knowledgeable and kind. Down side is the seating area isn't large but I feel it adds to the atmosphere.