“Best pancakes in Orange County”
Review of Quickway Diner

Quickway Diner
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: We been in business at this location since 1987. We were Voted Best Diner, Breakfast, Coffee,Lunch, Family Restaurant in the Hudson Vally by readers of the Times Herald Record 2017.Thanks to all our customer and staff for making us # 1. All our soups and gravies are made from scratch, home style cooking large portions great value for your money. Give us a try all the Deserts are made on the premises our Cheese Cake is Excellent.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Best pancakes in town, absolutely worth the drive from anywhere. Dinners are not the best, but very convenient to those who are in Bloomingburg.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

....I hate to give bad reviews but the food was horrible and way overpriced! My better half was raving about this diner because he'd saw the commercial and the song just stuck in his head so it was imperative that he made a trip there to eat...
I had the Mixed Seafood. Maybe it was a mistake getting such a diverse platter at a diner but I LOVE seafood and get it whenever I can. BIG MISTAKE! The stuff was swimming in what I believed to be butter and oil and had absolutely no taste or flavor whatsoever. The shrimp were overcooked and were rubbery. The first scallop was okay at best but then the rest tasted spoiled and bitter. I couldn't make it through half my dish before I gave up.
He had the Honey Dipped Southern Fried Chicken. I'm not quite sure how it's possible but underneath the fried skin there was so much fat (or mushy batter, not quite sure what it was) that he picked over his entire meal.
My daughter had some sort of steak with sauteed onions and rice with a bowl of soup. The soup was lukewarm and although the steak was prepared well and looked good it had no taste either.
At the very least he was able to get the urge of wanting to visit this diner out of his system. It's more than safe to say that we won't be visiting again and I can not recommend this diner to anyone.

1  Thank 704CarolinaGirl84
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Drive to Middletown like we do. This place is less than two miles from my house and we drive 12 miles to middletown to go to a diner. Its cheap but you get what you pay for. Small portions of poorly made food. The service is great. The people are very nice but the food is lousy at best. Not worth it. Even as cheap as it is.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were on the final leg of returning home from Connecticut. We saw the billboard for quickway @ exit 116. Food and was great. Coffee and dessert were probably the best I've ever had. May take a ride just to go there next time!

1  Thank Regina C
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This gem of a diner is sooooo convenient for travelers headed either upstate or downstate from Orange County. Directly off Route 17, this eatery has a following with the locals and the owners grace print ads and commercials (so I'm told).

The service was quick and friendly and the breakfasts were generous and plated nicely. Good coffee! Nothing watered down here. Our waitress was pleasant and experienced...she was timely with her coffee refills and follow-up.

The place filled up quickly on a Sunday morning, but the on par service kept right on going.

1  Thank Stephanie M