“Surprislingly good find”

Dining options: Reservations
NY
“Surprislingly good find”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I crave the humos that they give you complimentary. The drunken mussels are not to be missed. Reasonably priced for a delicious meal.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank gabriellep

NYC
“used to be a favorite place...now terrible”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Used to be a favorite place for wife and I. Food selection was tremendous and outstanding. A little night club with the "poser" types on other side but never bothered us enough to stay away.

Went last night at 9pm for dinner. We were the only ones in there! The lighting was terrible and the service was not good. The menu the hostess gave me was filthy and looked like it had been retrieved from a puddle in the parking lot.

The drinks we ordered had a funny taste to it. (Grey Goose on Rocks and GG and Cran). Wife didnt finish her drink. I was looking forward to the oysters on half shell but they didnt have on the menu! The menu had to be reduced by 85% since last time there. I was going to order the tuna but then was kinda turned off and didnt have a high confidence level in the quality. We ordred the steak NY strip special which was not too "special". Very tough and not trimmed properly.

Do yourself a favor and save your money and pass on this. The place it just too expensive to be as bad as it was.

It's too bad because it used to be outstanding.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank On Edge R
NY
“Has a great dinner!”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

My husband and I have been wanting to try this place for a while. We were not disappointed. Chris the owner served us – he was very personable and warm. They brought us out homemade basil hummus while we looked at the menu. It was awesome. We had the mussels with gorgonzola and bacon for an appy – it was delicious! For dinner I had the red fish with scallop and shrimp (was enough for dinner the following night) and my husband had the ossobucco. Both dinners were excellent. We enjoyed the atmosphere as well. Overall we really enjoyed it. We will be back.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank kasey0505
Holbrook, New York
“Nice owner....food ok”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stopped in to check out the menu and was greeted immediately by the owner. Although there was not a ton on the menu that my wife and I like we decided to try it anyway. We enjoyed the restaurant's atmosphere and the staff was great, unfortunately we found the food just Ok. Probably will not return.

1 Thank Rob H
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This unassuming bistro/bar in a strip mall has amazing food. I found it the 1st time when looking for somewhere to eat near a private concert. Time was getting short so we popped in. Although it was packed for restaurant week, they accommodated us and extended the prix fixe pricing for us although it was after hours. Its easy to fill yourself up on just the hummus and bread. I with they'd sell it! The food was absolutely some of the best I've had. I visited again last night and it was empty. Had the lobster bisque & pork chop, and my friend the red snapper. Both were perfect. Its the perfect place for before a show at 89 North in Patchogue without the noise and crowd of eating in that town.

• Visited August 2012