“Great place to walk, hike and enjoy nature”

Connetquot River State Park Preserve
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Bohemia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

With so many marked trails to choose from, we decided to walk a simple one just as spring was coming alive. A beautiful palce to walk and just enjoy the nature and beauty of this hidden place. They do not spray for ticks since it is a preserve so dress accordingly and bring bug spray. They do provide some at the entrance. We meandered through with our smart phone hitting up the QR readers to get the history at each lookout point. People were running and hkinig and picnicing throughout. Spent a good 4 hours on a simple trail. Bring water!

1  Thank Deborah-AnnB
"lengths"
"dusk"
"lodge"

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was here walking the nature trails yesterday, the red & yellow paths to be exact. I was only there for about an hour & a half & I was on my way home & found deer ticks crawling all over me. 2 that I could see bit me, they were attatched to my skin I had to pull them off. Now I'm worried about Lyme Disease. I will never go back here again. I stayed on trail, didn't go near high grasses & somehow ticks still got all over me.

8  Thank Girl12345678910
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I would just like to correct the reviews I read because we went to this park with our 19 month daughter in hopes of entertaining her for a bit by feeding the fish from what we read of the other reviews.

The fish hatcheries are still present but they have not been used for about 5 years according to the park ranger.

Obviously we were disappointed but still had a nice walk through the park. Also there is a $8 charge to park.

1  Thank Anlincoln
Reviewed 26 September 2013

my children and i visited Connetquot twice in December 2012 when the weather was a bit mild considering the time of year in the NE. We walked a couple of miles through the park and it truly is a beautiful place. We saw many deer in the fields and we came up to a trout fish hatchery right in the middle of the park along the Connetquot River. The water seemed clean enough to drink (although none of us would try it). But what a pretty sight to see this narrow, slow river meander through the woods and through the fish hatchery. There are several wood pedestrian bridges you can cross over and follow the various trails onward through the park. Of course you can visit the old carriage house and tavern (from the 1800s) as you enter the park. Overall, its just a wonderful, relaxing place to visit and imagine what life during a simpler time.