“Comfortable and convenient”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bohemia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast's (if up early enough) are tasty and plentiful. This was our 4th stay at this hotel and had a pleasant stay. Will stay here again when in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I need a room on short notice, unexpected funeral. After driving 6 hours, I was happy to find a room. The front desk was professional and very accommodating. My room was clean and just what I needed. I had a great night sleep, bed was exceptionally comfortable and it was quiet, no need for earplugs!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

So after writing a great review of this motel last year, I had the opportunity to stay there again. This time around my stay left a lot to be desired, and based on my second visit I would NOT be willing to stay there again.

I was a traveling by myself (female) and arrived at the motel after midnight, coming directly from the airport (5 minutes away). The front parking lot was full so I had to park in the back. Saw a well-lit door in the back so I quickly made my way to the door, only to find it locked. I could see the Reception desk inside, and knocked on the door to get someone's attention. There was a man behind the Reception desk who waved at me - he had heard me knock, but didn't make any effort to open the door. I knocked again, and this time he yelled "it's locked"...DUH...why do you think I'm knocking??? I stood there for about 5 minutes and he did nothing. I dragged my suitcase through the dark parking lot and entered through the front door - this was quite a distance, and I wasn't feeling terribly safe since there was a large, loud group of guys that had assembled around a car in the front parking lot. In fact, when I got to the desk I heard someone complaining about this "mob" and they asked the guy behind the desk to do something about them. When I walked up to the Reception desk the guy recognized me and immediately repeated "the door is locked at night" story, and I explained to him that I wasn't feeling terribly safe walking around in the dark. By this time it was getting close to 1:00am, I had been traveling all day, and I decided to drop the issue in an attempt to get into my room.

Got my room key, went up to my room, opened the door and when I turned on the light I discovered someone sleeping in the room. Clothing was draped over a chair, there was a suitcase nearby...this was totally creepy. I quietly left and returned to the front desk where I told the guy what happened. His reaction? "That's impossible...we have systems in place to keep that from happening." He didn't believe me. Because I'm not fond of being called a liar I insisted that he go check for himself. He returned a few minutes later, apologized, and spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out what happened. I finally asked him to please give me another room key so I could get some sleep.

When I checked out in the morning I made a point of talking to the Manager, who was much more apologetic about the situation, including my problem getting in the back door the night before. But this NEVER should have happened. As creeped out as I was, I felt even worse for the poor guy who was sleeping in that room - how would he feel if he knew TWO people had entered his room while he was sleeping? Jeez...if there was ever a reason to use that little swing-lock thingy on the door, there it is!

While I appreciate the concern expressed by the Manager, it doesn't make up for the unsafe position I found myself in TWICE in the course of 30 minutes at this motel. Guest safety should be the top priority, and I definitely did not feel safe. If it hadn't been so late, and I wasn't in a relatively unfamiliar area, I would have gone elsewhere. In fact, I've been back to the area several times since this visit and HAVE stayed elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LindaBernieBoo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at the LaQuinta in Islip... The first time it was out of need... now it is my Hotel of choice. The staff is top notch when it comes to customer service and is knowledgeable about the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in many hotels and this is the absolute worst! !! Upon entry it looks nice then they put me on the second floor and oh the horrid smell the stains and layer of filth in the carpets. And then on exiting the room to get food the overwhelming scent of Marijuana smacked me in the face. So obviously I make my way to the front and the girl had to be maybe 17 years old I got switched to the first floor upon trying to go back up to retrieve my belongings a bunch of kids kicked in the elevator button they were all over trashing the place then I go to the new room and it had an uncomfortable film of moisture and just a mildew smell, my husband tried to turn the ac on to try and help and it was broken I called the front and was told she was so sorry and upon checkout they can give a discount and in the morning a repair guy can come lol gee thanks I will sleep in my car next time if This is the only choice !

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014

nice hotel, i've stayed in it almost since it was built. it's starting to show some age. The TV channls are limited, no TCM, AMC all free chanels, Why? Due to more wifi devices, it may be time to upgrade wifi capisity, as the system drags down in the evening for quite a few hours, make getting work done very bothersome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel is clean, good value and the breakfast is good, the bed has some wear, but overall the stay was very comfortable. Plus they are pet friendly. The only thing was the tub did not drain correctly, but I am sure they will fix, they have fixed other problems in the past.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bohemia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!