“pleasant. stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bohemia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bohemia, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed for 4 nights and have no complaints. The staff was friendly from the moment we checked in till the moment we checked out. Room was clean, bed was comfy and everything was as we would expect a hotel to be. Breakfast was typical of a continental breakfast with a few perks and the breakfast staff was very helpful. All in all, a wonderful stay!

1 Thank Teresa H
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Rooms had out dated, filth and torn carpets. I tripped in one of the rooms immediately after going in and the managements was not considerate nor compassionate enough to Offer any type of compensation For the total inconvenience of having to change rooms And I had be late for my engagement because I had to take pain meds and rest. No apologies, No return call from management after she Said she would Call

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Victoria S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff was friendly & very helpful. Room was clean, bed comfortable. Only negative was no shampoo, etc.. It was no major problem because of location to stores. Location to the airport is excellent. They have a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 4 mile radius, wether it is to a store, church, visit a friend, whatever. A definite bonus if you do not have a car.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bohemia, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

First off, the front doors are NOT locked at night like they say they are. I walked in at almost 2 a.m. to find front doors not locked, not requiring a key, and no one at the front desk to even monitor who came in. Most times when walking by the front desk later in the evening there was no one there. Next day we left at 12:30 and returned at 5:30 p.m. to find our room not cleaned yet. Went to the front desk and they said they were not done cleaning rooms yet they will get to us in an hour or so. When I questioned this another woman started making excuses saying they were sold out last night, they were short a person, you had the do not disturb sign on etc. I asked how long it normally takes to clean the rooms and again she gave me the same excuses. I also told them that the room next to us had been left wide open for the past hour and she questioned me seeming not to believe me. she finally agreed to come upstairs and talk to the cleaning woman. the cleaning woman told me she checked my room at 12:30 and the do not disturb sign was in so she had not been back yet because she was busy (5 hours later). There are 3 cleaning people and only 132 rooms so not sure why it took over 5 hours to even come back to my room to check. Again told me it would be an hour before they cleaned the room. when I said that was not acceptable because I had 2 little kids getting ready for bed they finally agreed to send someone up to clean it at 6 p.m.--Ridiculous. The woman at the front desk who came up with me to deal with this was very rude to other guests rolling her eyes at them directly in front of me. Floor tiles were cracked in the elevator and in front of elevator on our floor. Beds and pillows are hard and very uncomfortable. If you sleep in any position other than on your side you wake up with a sore back or neck. Would NOT stay here again!

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the elevator!
2 Thank danielle v
Bohemia New York, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been staying periodically at this LaQuinta and have never been disappointed in the great service! I highly recommend. From the front desk, to the rooms and breakfast offerings, I am quite pleased. I also travel with a companion animal. They accommodate them nicely, especially since getting the pet area on property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Annette H
New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've stayed here many times for many reasons. The hotel appears new, the grounds are well kept, but the parking is oddly situated. Most of the parking is behind the hotel, far from the main entrance. There's a semi-circular driveway for checking in and out, but getting to and from the parked car could have been better. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Lobby and breakfast area were both clean and spacious. Breakfast itself was just fine, with the usual La Quinta fare: make your own Belgium waffles, cereals, breads, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea and juices. Rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. Large desk for working. Comfy beds. Each room has a flat screen TV, microwave and fridge. Exercise room is not huge but adequate. This reviewer did not use or see the pool.
The location of the hotel is especially convenient to Islip-MacArthur Airport and there are a variety of restaurants nearby.
I would gladly stay hear again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank baybay2001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bohemia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!