“Solid take-out”

Cooky's Deli Incorporated
Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Bohemia
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I come here a lot because I work nearby. Being able to choose from a variety of menu items each day is great. I have heard from others that the service is rude. My personal experience defined it as a bit cool and matter-of-fact in tone, but I usually just order my food and go so it hasn't been a problem.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I was down in Bohemia for 2 weeks working with a local company and everyone recommended this place for lunch. I ate there a few times and enjoyed every meal I ordered but just couldn't get over how rude the staff is. It's very busy at lunchtime with large crowds and the staff tries to keep it all moving but there's no need for the bad attitude and rudeness to accomplish that. I think they are used to dealing with locals that know their menu and how the process works for ordering and paying and getting your food. One might think that's simple but not here. How you go about it depends on what you are ordering. They have a different flow for different items. And heaven help you if you are still looking up at the menu when it's your turn to order at the counter....they will make rude comments and move on to the next customer and so on. Once you know what you want....and don't ask questions....no time for that!....the rest of the crowd acts like you are butting in line when you jump back in to tell them you've decided on your order. The cashiers weren't any better with their lack of customer service skills either.
Despite the quality of the food here, I ended up choosing to eat at other local lunch spots the rest of my time in the area.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

All food is fresh, employees friendly, establishment clean. We dont go that often but when we do, we always enjoy whatever we order.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Cooky's deli is one of the best in the area, I have breakfast there frequently. They have very good coffee, good egg sandwiches and a large sitting area.
I don't understand what this person from New Jersey was looking for in a "deli", after all......it's a deli, but a good deli compare to the rest in the area.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

This place is really just an average deli. Nothing is bad nor spectacular. Many locals love this place probably because its like a glorified deli. Prices are actually a little pricey for what you get. Its really crowded and not sure why. Guess mediocre quality is good enough for the folks in this area.