Colonial Court Motel
The Sagamore Resort(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$154
  • Pool
Contessa Resort(Bolton Landing)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspool housepet friendly place to staylake georgefire pitgreat place to stayevery morningpetscottagerufusgated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Rick and April are great they were so welcoming my boyfriend and I have 4 pitbulls, they welcomed us without prejudice (though our dogs are sweeter than pie) they accommodated us in every way possible though our stay was short this time we will most definetly be back for there stay 6 nights get one free deal! The rooms were very clean and the whole property was fenced in to ensure your pups safety. Rick and April really love animals and love what they do and it shows in their caring attitude.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Bknef456
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The Colonial Court Motel takes "pet friendly" to an entirely new dimension. The charming owners, Rick and April, make you feel welcome, and like visiting family, from the moment that you arrive, and your pet is "family" too! As other reviewers have mentioned, the property is securely fenced so that your pets may have free run of the property in a safe environment. I could see how happy my chihuahua, Napoleon, was to be at the Colonial Court practically from our arrival.

The accommodations aren't exactly luxury, but are comfortable enough. Every possible toiletry item you could imagine, including toothpaste, mouthwash, razors, etc. are included in the basket in the bathrooms. And the bath towels surpass in size and plushness what you would have in most 5-star luxury hotels. The pool is among the cleanest I've seen anywhere, which is all the more remarkable as pets are allowed in it.

I had a problem with ants in my cabin during my stay. As it turned out, no other cabin or motel room was affected, so it must have been a "chance" event, and I don't believe that anyone knew about the ants in advance of my stay. The cabin was sprayed a few times, but for a permanent solution, I think baits would need to be used at a time when the cabin is unoccupied. Anyway, I have every intention to staying at the Colonial Court again, as I've promised Napoleon that we would go there again next year.

The "dog" beach in Lake George Village is worth visiting. I should also mention the two fine restaurants within walking distance of the Colonial Court Motel: Pumpernickel, a German restaurant with spectacular desserts, and Villa Napoli, a truly authentic Italian restaurant located on the premises of a hotel across the street from the Colonial Court.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank NJWil
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I've been to a few "pet-friendly" places over the years, and this is by far the best. My retired racing Greyhound, Chance, is family to me and that is exactly how the owners treat not only their pets, but yours as well. The entire place is fenced in well (as is the gorgeous pool from everything so no pets wander in), so the pups can do their business without you at their heels. The rooms are spacious and very affordable. Plus, there's no extra charge for your dog; never seen that before! This place stood out so much to me for so many reasons, but the kicker was when I found a dog bowl in the cabinet and emergency info for your pet in the wall. They truly thought of everything. I highly recommend this place, and I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Brianne B
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed here over 4th of July weekend and had a great time. This was the second visit for me and both were positive experiences. The owners are very nice, gave us recommendations on where to eat (yelp only goes so far), beaches to check out and they're pet friendly! There are other dogs around, everyone is respectful and it's nice to be relaxed about having our dog with us. The rooms are what you would expect for a motel in the area, clean with no frills. The important things - Wi-Fi & cable TV - are included. They have a small kitchenette which we liked for the dog food, leftovers from restaurants, etc. The pool is great and the beach is 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank k m
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Colonial Court has spoiled us (and our dog!) for all other motels. Very clean, all amenities, nice pool, convenient to everything we wanted to see and do in Lake George. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a delightful stay and plan on returning!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple