“Excellent place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Colonial Court Motel
Oswego, New York
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Colonial Court Motel with our dog Sadie. It was so relaxing and enjoyable we will definitely go back again. April and Rick are so welcoming and kind we truly felt right at home. Sadie loved playing with the other dogs too! We enjoyed our stay so much we actually extended our visit for an additional night. I would highly recommend this motel if you want to travel with your pets.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We highly recommend staying here - no extra charge for pets, dogs can run free as the property is totally secure. Where do you find accomodations like this? Our hosts April and Rick will go out of their way to make you and your pet feel welcome .
Our labrador mix loved it as well, she was able to run around and play with no worries.
Beautiful location. The rooms are quiet, comfortable, clean and well appointed. The property is in a convenient location to restaurants, shops, oh and yes, the lake and hiking trails as well.

Room Tip: The cottages are comfy and have full kitchens if you like to cook in, the motel rooms are large and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Our first visit to Colonial Court, certainly not our last! We were made welcome from the time we entered the driveway (the Welcome Waggin' - Lulu, Rufus & Rocky) followed by one of the owners, Rick. The office - which has a water bowl & pet treats available - was where we met April, Rick's wife and co-owner. Again, we were warmly greeted and given welcome bags for our dogs. Our room was spotless and comfortable, everything we needed was provided. The entire property is fenced in so fur kids can go without leashes. There are plenty of comfy places to sit outside, along with a fire pit for cooler evenings. We are well satisfied and plan on returning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MillieZelda
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here so we could bring our dog on vacation, too, and it definitely exceeded our expectations when it came to accommodating her, but left a little to be desired for the human clientele. I was expecting a typical pet friendly motel: dogs would be allowed and tolerated; however, they go above and beyond and it starts right when you check in with a doggy welcome package. The entire parking lot is fenced in, so the dogs don't have to be leashed, but it was a little weird to have to open and close the gate every time we drove in/out. When our dog barked we didn't have to get uptight, because it felt like everyone else would understand the occasional noise; that being said it was quiet most of the time. I found the bed to be too firm and lumpy and the toilet was awkwardly positioned for anyone over 5'6" who would need leg room. This wouldn't be the place to stay if you wanted to chill and watch tv: it was probably only a 13" screen and was not positioned for easy viewing. The owners and their staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean, the towels were soft, and the toiletries basket was very generous, even included shaving cream & razor and toothbrushes. I would stay here again if the bed were more comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WeezieMom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Rick and April are great they were so welcoming my boyfriend and I have 4 pitbulls, they welcomed us without prejudice (though our dogs are sweeter than pie) they accommodated us in every way possible though our stay was short this time we will most definetly be back for there stay 6 nights get one free deal! The rooms were very clean and the whole property was fenced in to ensure your pups safety. Rick and April really love animals and love what they do and it shows in their caring attitude.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Bknef456
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The Colonial Court Motel takes "pet friendly" to an entirely new dimension. The charming owners, Rick and April, make you feel welcome, and like visiting family, from the moment that you arrive, and your pet is "family" too! As other reviewers have mentioned, the property is securely fenced so that your pets may have free run of the property in a safe environment. I could see how happy my chihuahua, Napoleon, was to be at the Colonial Court practically from our arrival.

The accommodations aren't exactly luxury, but are comfortable enough. Every possible toiletry item you could imagine, including toothpaste, mouthwash, razors, etc. are included in the basket in the bathrooms. And the bath towels surpass in size and plushness what you would have in most 5-star luxury hotels. The pool is among the cleanest I've seen anywhere, which is all the more remarkable as pets are allowed in it.

I had a problem with ants in my cabin during my stay. As it turned out, no other cabin or motel room was affected, so it must have been a "chance" event, and I don't believe that anyone knew about the ants in advance of my stay. The cabin was sprayed a few times, but for a permanent solution, I think baits would need to be used at a time when the cabin is unoccupied. Anyway, I have every intention to staying at the Colonial Court again, as I've promised Napoleon that we would go there again next year.

The "dog" beach in Lake George Village is worth visiting. I should also mention the two fine restaurants within walking distance of the Colonial Court Motel: Pumpernickel, a German restaurant with spectacular desserts, and Villa Napoli, a truly authentic Italian restaurant located on the premises of a hotel across the street from the Colonial Court.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank NJWil
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I've been to a few "pet-friendly" places over the years, and this is by far the best. My retired racing Greyhound, Chance, is family to me and that is exactly how the owners treat not only their pets, but yours as well. The entire place is fenced in well (as is the gorgeous pool from everything so no pets wander in), so the pups can do their business without you at their heels. The rooms are spacious and very affordable. Plus, there's no extra charge for your dog; never seen that before! This place stood out so much to me for so many reasons, but the kicker was when I found a dog bowl in the cabinet and emergency info for your pet in the wall. They truly thought of everything. I highly recommend this place, and I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Golden Sands Resort on Lake George
O'Sullivan's On The Lake Motel
O'Sullivan's On The Lake Motel
#16 of 88 in Lake George

Been to Colonial Court Motel? Share your experiences!