“Great Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Candlelight Cottages LLC on Lake George
Utica, New York
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Us and two other couples took my boat into Lake George for the night. Normally Candlelight does rent for a night during the summer but they had a cabin open so they let us stay and dock my boat. They were incredibly nice and helpful and the cabins were very nice and reasonably priced. I would recommend anyone visiting Lake George stay here.

Room Tip: The hillside cabins are a ways from the lake and the path is steep. We got a hillside and loved it...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tdhiffa
CandlelightGM, Owner at Candlelight Cottages LLC on Lake George, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
We usually rent on a weekly basis, Saturday to Saturday, during July and August. We had an opening for last Saturday night and were very happy to rent the cottage to you and your friends. We're happy to hear you had a wonderful stay with us! Our resort includes over 14 acres of property and 300 feet of Lake George lake front. Our hillside cottages are located about 1/2 mile from the lake front. The private, paved road to the lake may require a car to use a pull off along the road to let a car, going in the opposite direction, pass. We request people to drive 5-10 mph on our road to ensure everyone is safe. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Eatontown, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have stayed at the Candlelight for several years now, my family just loves it. We stay in a two bedroom cabin on the Lake, and the cabins are clean and cozy. The cabins have a bathroom with shower and a full kitchen with most of what you need. The views of Lake George from the Candlelight are some of the best. Located just north of Bolton landing, it's just beautiful. They have boats, kayaks you can use for free, and some boat rentals close by. Heidi and Mark are the owners and they take really good care of their guests and the property. The cabins are on the rustic side of things, which is what I like. Just a nice casual vacation in the Adirondacks on Lake George.

Room Tip: Some of the Lakeside Cabins have a lot of stairs to them, so ask about that if it's a factor to...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Eric T
Iselin, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We booked a two bedroom cottage for 4 adults and an infant. This is a very nice property, clean and comfortable. Excellent value for money considering they have a private beach, which even though is not very big, but great for the price. They have their own kayaks which the guests can use. The bbq grills were a wee bit small but we managed quite ok. We were on the hillside and the drive down to the beach was around 1/3rd of a mile and quite a fun 2 min ride. I would love to go there again next year

Room Tip: If possible book early to get the lake side cottages for the best view and access to canoes and stuf...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SREEJITH S
Loudon, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

During May of this year, I along with 11 other men stayed at Candlelight Cottage for some awesome spring fishing on Lake George. This is my fifth year but the group has stayed here since 2000. Mark and Heidi who own and operate the business are awesome hosts. The group usually rents 6 cottages, 2 men to a cottage. The cottages are always spotlessly clean and very well maintained. Although basic they are very comfortable. Dockage is provided for our boats in close proximity to each cottage. Dockside power is also available to recharge batteries. This year wifi was added for the guest. The mountain and lake views from each cabin are inspiring. The weather in May is ever changing and there is always a cool breeze coming off the lake. The lake waters are crystal clear and clean. There is a swimming area in front of the cottages for the guest. Anyone looking for an escape to simpler times where the focus is to relax and just let life happen should consider Candlelight. It's my favorite!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank GeorgeJupin
U.S
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in Candlelight cottages for 2 nights / 3 days. We stayed in Cottage A which is a 2 bedroom and right in front of the lake. We had a very good experience. The cottage was basic but provided all amenities and was clean. We were right on the lake and the views from the Patio overlooked the lake. We really enjoyed our stay. We had a choice between the 1 bedroom cottage I and 2 bedroom cottage A. The one bedroom cottage I offers a wider span of view but is farther away from the lake with the parking coming in-between. However, we opted for Cottage A even though it was a 2 bedroom because the weather predicted a rain and it would have required us to sit inside the cottage and view the lake if we had taken the one bedroom. The reason is that the porch is not fully covered. However, the two bedroom has a covered porch. So, we decided to take it. One point to note is that this is not a normal hotel, so maid service is not provided on a daily basis. They do provide you clean sheets if you need them. We had no complaints and really enjoyed our time there. One recommendation for the owners is to probably cut or shorten the three trees in front of cottage A because although we had a good view, we could have had a great view without the trees. This is the only reason I would give this a 4 star versus a 5 star. Otherwise, we really had a great experience.

Room Tip: Choose cottage A if you need a two bedroom. It's right in front of the lake or Cottage I if you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caribbeanvacation
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Just posted my first ever review from my recent trip to an amazing cabin in TN and decided to pay may duties to this place as well! I've visited Candlelight in September of 2003 and in May of 2008. Both experiences were awesome!!! Loved lake view cabins, loved Lake George and the mountains, owners were A+, the whole thing was pleasant and I left the place with only good memories of my stay! Yes, I prefer newly-built cabins and new appliances etc., but regardless of Candlelight being a bit too old for me, I still enjoyed every second of it!!! In 2003 I was young and that was my first ever mountains/cabins experience and in 2008 I came back to share that experience with a love of my life. We now have two daugters and one day I would like to take them were it's all started...
Andy from FL
P.S They don't give you an option to choose neither 2003 nor 2008 so that's why I marked September 2012 as "Date of stay".

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Andy A
CandlelightGM, Owner at Candlelight Cottages LLC on Lake George, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write the review and thank you for your kind words about your experience at CANDLELIGHT COTTAGES. Although many of our cottages were built quite some time ago, we invest in the property every year. All the cottages have AC and for the chilly days in the off-season, there are heaters in the bathroom that also serve as towel warmers. Most of the cottages have glass top stoves and new refrigerators. Many of our guests enjoy the gazebo near the water and the fire ring to roast marshmallows in the evening. We welcome you to return with your family and enjoy all we have to offer!
Norwalk, Iowa
Reviewed 29 October 2012

What a nice resort. The owners were very nice and helpful. The cottage we were in was clean, modern and curled in the trees. I wish the weather had been sunny instead of cloudy and raining because I would have loved setting on the patio and enjoying the surroundings. I would highly recommend this resort to couples and families. It is only 5 miles from the interstate but you wouldn't know it. When we arrived after dark Heidi told us that the road to the lake was narrow, steep, and there were no lights so we might want to wait until morning to see the lake area. Boy was she right. If we are ever back in this area we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jlg919
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future. Our property does include over 14 acres of property and 300 feet of lake front. We have a private, paved road about 1/2 mile long from the entrance of the resort to the lake front. For everyone's safety and enjoyment, we do request that guests drive slowly (5-10 MPH) and take their time as they drive along our road. Although the road is not lit at night, guests seem to quickly become comfortable with the ride through our property.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton Landing
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
Golden Sands Resort on Lake George

Been to Candlelight Cottages LLC on Lake George? Share your experiences!