“Elegant room, great food and service.”

Club Grille Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had a delicious meal here. The room is beautiful and the waiter was excellent. He helped us choose our wine and meal. And, he also told us some history of the area. I highly recommend this for a lovely evening. I would not recommend this restaurant for young children. Although they do have outdoor seating that was more casual. A great dinner.

1  Thank cjg2901

Reviewed 12 July 2013

If you appreciate excellent service in a comfortable atmosphere and a great steakhouse menu this is the areas best. A tiny cozy bar,great sides and a. Good wine list.

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Ambience was lovely and old fashioned. Food was great and steak was probably the best we ever had! little pricey, however.

2  Thank Harradexperience
Reviewed 24 June 2013

First off, just wanted to provide a helpful tip to my TripAdvisor friends: this restaurant is NOT located at the main Sagamore Resort property. It's not even on the lake. It's up a mountain on the Sagamore's golf course. Absolutely lovely, but we were surprised and were hoping for a lakefront dining experience. So, an FYI.

The place itself is beautiful... it's like a French chateau. Very classy -- definitely one of the finest, if not finest, dining establishments we've been to in the Lake George region. Service was excellent from start to finish, from the service at the bar where we grabbed a drink beforehand, to the busboys/girls to our main waiter to the management (who took charge after a badly cooked steak incident).

Which leads me to the food: my husband and I shared the wedge salad, which was split for us in the kitchen, and it was delicious. Lovely bibb lettuce as opposed to the usual iceberg, excellent bacon, fantastic blue cheese, beautiful presentation. Two kinds of warm and fresh bread served with two kinds of homemade butter. Water glasses were always filled. We split a side (most are big enough for two people) -- the mashed -- and it was DELICIOUS. It was all I could do to stop myself from eating the entire bowl.

The only disappointment was the steaks. Both my husband and I ordered steak dishes (he the surf & turf, me the tenderloin) (his lobster tail was very tasty, I want to point out). Both steaks came out wrong from our desired done-ness level. I had ordered mine medium-well and came out well, which I can't really argue too much with -- I suppose it fell on the spectrum. But it was definitely on the dry and chewy side, and not at all pink. My husband, however, ordered his medium-RARE and it came out totally well done. It was a hockey puck. He couldn't even pretend to eat it.

Our waiter was extremely apologetic and seemed genuinely sorry. He came back with a separate plate to allow my husband to continue eating his lobster tail and took the steak away, which I thought was good service. The manager delivered the second steak and asked my husband to cut into it while she was standing there, to see if it was medium-rare this time... and there was no pink to be seen. She said, "That still doesn't look like medium-rare to me!" and was about to take it away, but at this point we had waited long enough and my husband just decided to eat it. At least it was at least better than the first.

All in all a lovely experience, but for a place known for their steaks, our main courses could have been better. Especially at the prices they charged.

Would go back and recommend to others.

1  Thank Ashley D
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I go here several times a year with my wife and sometimes with friends. Superior beef and fresh fish meals, the service is very good and friendly. Good wine selection and a small but really cool bar area with a fireplace (ask for Donna she makes a great drink). Indoor dinning rooms are both very nice but each different, the outside area overlooks the first golf hole and you can see Lake George and some of the mountains, an incredible view! One of my favorite places to eat in the Lake George area, very special.

4  Thank Douglas S