“Great experience(s)”

Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Frederick's has been owned and operated by a brother, sister duo for 25 years. A large dining room situates the inside of the building along with a lounge area near the bar with 7 tables, large flat screen tv's and quickdraw are a large draw to the bar. We seat over 20 tables on our wooden patio that wraps around the building, a game room with pool, darts and a small, comfortable couch/fire place area is a great place to relax after a fun day at the beach, or long day at work. Serving lunch daily in the summer, weekends during the "off-season" and dinner 7 nights a week throughout the year. Frederick's has a warm feeling that will make you feel welcome and at home, come try us soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience(s)”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Every year we have a large family gathering in Lake George, New York. And it grows every year. We're up to 51 people now, spanning 3 generations. Needless to say, finding a restaurant that can accommodate all of us is quite difficult. Even more challenging? Finding a place with a menu that will satisfy everyone. We have voracious meat eaters, vegetarians, some keep kosher, and one person who has significant dietary restrictions.

Frederick's thankfully fits the bill for us. I pushed for us all to go there for dinner last year on one of our last nights together, having eaten lunch with my brother and sister-in-law there the day before. I was sick of driving 20-30 minutes every night to go to one of regular haunts; Fred's is only a 5-7 minutes from our hotel/lodge.
Last year went so well, we went back twice in the summer of 2013. This time, we went on the first night of our reunion, rather than the last, so just about everyone was there-- 47 people total! We ate in the large banquet room downstairs. It was loud- we're a noisy bunch, and the little kids were shouting in excitement over their card games. Anyway, the staff appeared a little shocked, but they- and the kitchen- handled us all beautifully. No attitudes, no grumbling under their breath, we were able to be a little flexible in our ordering from what was listed on the menu. And the real kicker is we use 5 separate checks! (Family A, family B, etc)
( A restaurant just down the street, which shall remain nameless, gives us SUCH an attitude when we go. Acts as if we should be grateful and thanking THEM for allowing us to eat at their restaurant! And so strict! I wasn't allowed to add mushrooms to my pasta- "the kitchen frowns upon any modifications". What the? And FYI, if the owner doesn't want her fancy car touched, don't leave it parked right out front by the outdoor seating.)
The menu at Fredericks' works well for us. Not too small, and with enough variety that everyone can find something they actually WANT to eat. The spinach artichoke dip that two of us were sharing was devoured within minutes after others started "tasting" it. So we ordered another one with our meals. And even though one of the staff members seemed a little overwhelmed at times, they were so pleasant to work with. No attitudes, and extra smiles. And I KNOW some of my relatives are incredibly annoying!

1 Thank Deb B

Diamond Point, New York
“check your takeout order before paying and be prepared to be ripped off.”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We have dined at Fredericks for a number of years. Most times the food is average to above average for the area but it is always overpriced. This time I had a nice cuban panini and my wife a Rueben. It still annoys me that they charge an additional 3 dollar to substitute chips for fries. Seems to me when you charge 9.50 for a sandwich you can include fries without charging an additional 3 dollars. Not only that, when you sub the fries they do not even give you the chips. I believe 12.50 for a Reuben with fries in a restaurant in Bolton Landing is a bit much. Anyway the crowds from NJ and LI keeping inundating this little town and filling the restaurants so this is what you have to expect. We are really annoyed this time however. We ordered a take out of penni for my son. 18 bucks and they only filled one compartment of the sleazy 3 compartment foam take out container. No bread!! nothing. One compartment of a foam takeout container for 18 bucks. Raw material costs to Fredericks. 15 cents for the pasta and about 10 cents for the sauce. The styrofoam container 5 cents. Nice rip off profit.

1 Thank joe c
Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Hostess needed”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

When we first arrived it was confusing as there was no direction on where we should check in or sit. I finally had to find someone for assistance. The manager came to our table several times to apologize and explained they were understaffed. Service did improve and the food was good.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank bp02864
New York City, New York
“Nice atmosphere and some good fare”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We always visit Frederick's on a nice summer evening for dinner when at Lake George. My friends and family love dining on the deck. The wait staff is very pleasant. The restaurant is comfortable and casual and right in the town of Bolton. Tasty items include most things on the specialty drinks menu, the baked brie, the trout salad, and any of the pizzas. If you are looking to relax in a casual atmosphere with quite good food for a fair price, this is your place.

Raleigh, NC
“Great Food and Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stopped in here with our party of 18 last week and were very surprised by all they had to offer. Extensive menu with plenty of options to suite anyone from my vegetarian mom to picky little kids. Our server was great and got everything correct and was constantly getting us what we needed (she even took my baby's cup to clean it out and fill it up!). The food was superb! In fact my father said "If the food is half as good as my ice tea we are in for a treat!" (Ask for a 1/2 and 1/2 tea... part ice tea part lemonade!) And the food was! Burgers, fries, turkey panini sandwiches, steak, seafood mac n cheese, salads,... you name it we got it. And I didn't hear a single complaint. Nice casual atmosphere (we ate on the deck), great town, and fantastic food. The only thing that would of made this better was a view overlooking the lake, better parking or some music. Thanks so much for having us. Highly recommend this great restaurant in Bolton Landing!