“RUDE”
Review of The Shack

The Shack
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in shortly after noon today for ice cream. I spent $7,and we decided to sit to eat it....then about halfway thru, a waitress told us she needed the table for customers having lunch. SERIOUSLY? She did not ask the couple to to our left, who were only having ice tea to move. I would NEVER go there again....so RUDE!!!!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

On a busy Saturday we found parking in town right in front of Frank's so we decided to try it. Although there appeared to be only one other occupied table (it was late for lunch) we sat down on the deck. Turns out the other table was the family who run the restaurant. They were very attentive and friendly without being obtrusive. The food was like good diner food- a fresh BLT, juicy cheeseburger and what my family likes to call "bowling alley" fries hot out of the fryer. During our meal we were entertained by a chipmunk and as we ate other tables filled up. Frank's has no pretensions, just good food.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

What can I say....they ran out of chili....ran out of hamburgers....short handed was what the waitress told us. That's it.

1  Thank sisi123
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Unique hotdogs, tasty fries. Nice location right in Bolton Landing. Small, family run establishment with great outdoors seating and accomodations.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

2 visits...first one just got an ice cream cone. The ice cream was mediocre at best, nothing special, most customers probably just don't want to wait in line for Ben & Jerry's. the guy gives you your cone then asks for payment so you have to maneuver your wallet with one hand while holding the cone in the other. when i asked him about that he gave me a smart answer with attitude and i swore to never go back.....

Decided to give another try for some food because i love these type of places and thought maybe bad night with a bad person.ordered it to go because was told their dog policy is you can sit on an end table near the fence and tie your dog up to the other side of the fence. ordered a hot dog, burger and fries (sold seperatly, no added side for a certain $ amount) Ordered the burger, lettuce tomato, onion, ketchup and mayo. got it home, 8 miles away, opened it up, one tiny tomato slice but worse no ketchup for the burger and no ketchup for the fries and i had none at my destination so i;m stuck paying $12 something, actually higher because i still tip on take out so my below average food was even worse without any ketchup to put on it. has i not asked for any i could almost understand.

To summarize, sub par food with below par service all backed up by a non friendly owner. They should be grateful for tourists because us locals know better and will never eat there. if you are visiting bolton and the lake don't get suckered in by the low priced food because in this case you don't even get what you pay for and the owners could care less!