“Picky people...please read...”

Market Place Steak House & More
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Bolton Landing's premier dining spot featuring select steaks, fresh seafood, crisp salads, ethnic cuisine and more. Full Bar with 14 LCD TV's featuring sports and news for guests entertainment. "The Best Food in Town!"
Bristol, Rhode Island
“Picky people...please read...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Came here for my birthday. We have come in the past with mixed results, but I was in the mood for a filet. It is not as "fancy" as I remember, but please don't wear pajama pants. We were relatively dressed up but people next to us looked like they were ready for Friendly's.

We started with stuffed mushrooms and calamari. The stuffing for the mushrooms was the worst garbage I ever had, except for the rubber cheese that they topped the mushrooms with. Staff: Please, take this off your menu. It is embarrassing. The calamari was average, nothing special.

I had a surf-and-turf filet (stuffed shrimp). The shrimp stuffing (crab meat with Hollandaise) was nothing special, and a bit cool. The meat was fantastic....a bit salty, but I liked it. It was undercooked. We all ordered "medium rare" but it was prepared "rare." I ate it just the same.

One of the main things I disliked about this restaurant was the lack of ATTENTION TO DETAIL. I instructed the waiter, who was wearing jeans and sneakers, to leave the veggies off my plate. My filet came with veggies. He was nice, as were all the staff, but they didn't listen. Please leave your previously frozen veggies, that I wont eat, for someone else.

The "bus girl' was wearing, literally, a white V-Neck t shirt with a Black Bra. Seriously? I'm not in the mood for Hooters, wear something appropriate. While I would probably return, it is definintely not the "best restaurant in town." Change your tune a bit and maybe, someday, the Market Place could...potentially...hold this distinction.

Visited August 2013

Glens Falls
“Best restaurant in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Was staying at the Sagamore last week and had an opportunity to wander into town. I am so happy to have found the Market Place and that awesome little diner (Iva's?) next door. I understand they are owned by the same people. We had these fantastic ribs at the steak house on Friday night. They had to be the best I've ever eaten. We just loved the service and the atmosphere in the dining room is so inviting. When we learned the same people owned the diner next door we had to try eating there for breakfast. I have to say, their waffles were the best ever! Although extremely busy this Saturday am, we were seated very quickly and made to feel like we were right at home. We're planning a fall visit and will be looking forward to a return visit. Please keep the ribs on the grill for us. We'll be back!

• Visited July 2013
Adirondacks, NY
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Great staff but absolutely the most horrible food I've had in a long time. The owner did stop by to ask how things were but for the fours of us we didn't know where to begin. Just boxed up the left overs (95% of the so-called food) to give to the wildlife around our house...hope they live!

• Visited June 2013
5 Thank DrichC
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Great food good Specials menu needs more but loved the food definitely better then any of the restaurants at the Sagamore which are all disappointing

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank gregwrothman
Lake George, New York
“Fried Mess”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Disappointing. Overly fried food, pricey beer, and the service was slow. Don't even bother wasting your money

Visited June 2013