“Good carrot cake ”

Market Place Steak House & More
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bolton Landing's premier dining spot featuring select steaks, fresh seafood, crisp salads, ethnic cuisine and more. Full Bar with 14 LCD TV's featuring sports and news for guests entertainment. "The Best Food in Town!"
“Good carrot cake ”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We went to the market stake house twice during our week long stay in the area. It was great, although busy on Friday, on the first time we went I got the chicken Parmesan, which was overcooked.
On the second time, I got the 8oz sirloin-- it was charred on the outside, but on the menu it was called "8 oz charred sirloin," but still very good, albeit more well done than my taste.
I got the carrot cake for dessert, incredible! I loved the pineapple and coconut, yum! A must get for any who go there.

1 Thank Carly L

East Northport
“Great meal in Bolton Landing”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I were looking for a good meal near Lake George so we thought we would try the Market Place Steakhouse in Bolton Landing, NY. We were there early on a Wednesday evening in late July. We started with the raspberry walnut salad, which was outstanding. It was big enough to share! We ordered the Pork Osso Buco and the crab stuffed jumbo shrimp. Both entrees were delicious! Our server was Traci and she was the best ! Attentive service, very friendly. We had a great meal and will definitely be back on our next trip to Lake George.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jim B
Maplewood, New Jersey
“Okay food, bad service”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have been to the Marketplace many times over the years and have had lovely meals there. This year there seems to be a change in how things are run. When we got there, they sat us but didn't have menus for us. After the hostess got us menus we sat there for a good 15 minutes before the waitress took our order. We sat there for an hour before our food came. Everyone's meal was good, although I had to send my medium rare strip back because it was super rare. My son children's steak was an excellent value but the wait for our meals was atrocious. We spoke to the manager about the wait who looked into it and informed us the ticket went in and it was only 30 minutes from that point. Not sure that that intell was relevant to our hour and fifteen minute wait. He did comp us desserts though which was nice. Even though the food was good, the service was so markedly worse than years past, I don't think we'll return.

• Visited July 2014
Haverhill, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It's rare these days to find folks so friendly and accommodating! The manager is fantastic. Our group had burgers and steak, all cooked as requested and we were seated and served quickly even though it was Americade Weekend. Will go again for sure.

• Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing food & service!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Was a quiet night in Bolton - were staying Lake George for the weekend. Absolutely incredible service, which included personal attention from Steve, the owner. We were all very happy with our food choice - the seared Buna was to die for... will DEFINITELY be back over our summer holiday. Just to note, we were there mid-May - it was the only busy restaurant which was why we wondered in. We had been to other restaurants on the street last summer but now we have a DEFINITE favorite!!

• Visited May 2014