“Great Time, Great Memories”

Chateau On the Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
Chateau On the Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chateau on the Lake is located in upstate New York on Lake George, and is more than a dining establishment -- it's an experience. Our clients visit our property for at least 3 hours, select from our wine list, sit by the fire pit, savor a three to four course meal, and end their evening with coffee/after dinner drinks by the fire pit while roasting s'mores. Chateau on the Lake has been open since 2013, and we have quickly became a popular establishment, sold to capacity night after night. We are a great place to book your wedding. A memorable time is assured when you visit Chateau on the Lake. We hope to see you soon. We also now offer rooms that can be rented nightly. The rooms are located above the restaurant. They are luxury rooms. $500 - $1,200 per night.
Bolton Landing, New York
“Great Time, Great Memories”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We recently got married and chose The Chateau on the Lake to host the entire event. We had a cocktail hour, a brief ceremony followed by dinner for 50 people. We worked with Katie, Tom and their terrific staff and the whole evening went off without a hitch. The atmosphere was great, the food was delicious and everyone had a wonderful time.

• Visited April 2014

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Chateau on the Lake hosted my birthday party. I envisioned an elegant evening with black tie and champagne and they delivered! The event manager was so helpful, the owners were more than willing to meet my every request, and the food and service was fabulous. The menu selections for everything from the passed appetizers to the heavy hors d'oeuvres was delicious and all my guests raved. They allowed me to organize the bar with just the right mix of high end wine and spirits. The bartending staff was expert, professional and very friendly. All guests were asked if they would like a plate refill or a top off on their glass of wine when they were low. I was able to add to the beautiful décor of the restaurant. I cannot say enough about the friendly atmosphere that met my guests. And the food exceeded my expectations for deliciousness, high-end presentation and creativity. We have eaten there for dinner many times last summer and knew that having our private party there would be special. We were right and we can't wait to go back for many dinners this summer in this idyllic Lake George setting.

• Visited March 2014
Wynantskill, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My first visit was with my wife on our anniversary and the experience was out of this world. The atmosphere is perfect, the wait staff is well trained, friendly, and professional. The food was out of this world and the owners are there watching to make sure everything is just right. Everything was so great that I returned with a group of business associates for a private party, I left all the details up to the Chateau. They put on a 7 course tasting and wine selection that was so great The Chateau earned a new group of patrons for life.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Craig F
Robbinsville, New Jersey, United States
“Exquisite and worth it!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a birthday dinner fir my granddaughter the staff couldn't do enough. From the smores dessert to singing a personal happy birthday (yes, they asked for her name before we arrived so they could sing TO her & include her name) to the hostess taking her to the lake to play with the other kids...wow! The food was delicious and the drinks were very good. Can't wait to come back!

NYC
“A Fine Experience”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

There is so much to like about this restaurant. From the moment my wife approached the property to see if it met the ambiance and food style we enjoy, everything was excellent or darn close ,
The ambiance reflects the owners talents as branding experts and it shows in a refined yet modern take on elegance. Inside, it was nice bar and dinning area, outside the porch setting was perfect and the seating around the fire pits was very welcoming.

The staff, without exception, were warm, knowledgeable and engaging. The 3 female staff that we interacted with clearly are proud to work there and it shows; they acted almost as though they had a ownership interest ( in a positive way). The chef Shawn/Sean was equally proud.

The food selections were interesting and exceptionally well executed. Drinks were interesting and very appropriate to the mood. The entrees and appetizers were simply perfect.

The fire pit and coffee and dessert around it were an extra bonus.

With plenty of fine dining experience, i would rate this restaurant into the mid 90's for the overall experience.

I would add that I am hard pressed to understand the long winded, negative review that preceded mine as it suggests someone with a broader agenda. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, something seems at odds with their assessment.

Go around 7pm and enjoy the sun setting palates and the evening sky as it comes alive.

• Visited June 2014