My grandfather was George Reis and the original owner of this house. He was also a renowned speedboat racing champion in Lake George. As a Reis family member, I could not be more thrilled and proud of what Patti & Joe have done with this house. Everything is top notch. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable and Patti's cooking rivals anything you would find in larger 5 star hotels.
The setting is magical--the house actually sits in part of the lake and there is nothing more peaceful than sitting on the dock watching the boats go by.
But the best part is Joe's obvious love for the racing history of the house and this area. His enthusiasm is contagious and makes this place truly special.
The house is very well located to the Sagamore Inn and the town of Bolton Landing as well.
This bed and breakfast is not just a place to stay while you are in the area, it is a destination all it's own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This "Lake Castle Estate" is the only B&B in the waters of Lake George. Featured in many books and magazines with its outstanding views of the lake & mountains. Historical site, former home of the Gold Cup Winner George Reis. This boathouse has seven rooms all with private baths, some with fireplaces and two person whirlpools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Bolton Landing
- Boathouse Bed And Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate On Lake George Bolton Landing, NY