The Boathouse B&B is just that-- a beautiful boathouse directly on Lake George. For those not familiar with boathouses, they are essentially a garage for boats. This gorgeous boathouse was built as an estate and has second story living quarters. The house was built in the early 1900s by a famous speedboat racer as his residence. To say the views are breathtaking is not just a worn cliche: they truly are.
We stayed in their second building, the Carriage House Suites. This building is located just steps away from the main building and offers just as incredible of a view. Our room, "Mason's Adirondack Suite," is probably the most beautiful room we've ever stayed in.
The spacious room featured a peeled log king bed, a stone gas fireplace, a small kitchenette area with mini-fridge, sink and microwave and a gorgeous bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Co-owner Patty decorated the room in a style that was both comfortable and elegant. As many of the patrons are couples on romantic getaways, Patty and Joe (Patty's husband) have seen to the details. Candles for your use dot the room and Jacuzzi, and bath salts and lotions are thoughtfully provided. A radio/cd player is also available. It seems that most of your needs were anticipated from extra toothbrushes and toothpaste in the bathroom to the corkscrew in the kitchenette.
The grounds are beautifully landscaped with seating areas in every nook & cranny. Swimming access to the lake is provided by stone steps leading into the lake or ladders built into the docks surrounding the boathouse. A nice hot tub is located on one of the docks as are comfortable chairs and tables.
Guest have use of the "great room" where breakfast is also served. Games, books, newspapers and magazines are available. Just beyond the great rooms is the main covered porch. I could spend hours on this porch just watching the lake and enjoying the breeze.
The owners and staff were very pleasant and helpful. Restaurant recommendations were right on the mark. Breakfast was delicious and served promptly at 8:30 AM. Wireless internet access was also available in the main area.
One warning: we learned from other guests that the main house is not air-condtioned. There are ceiling fans and large windows to catch the lake breeze. The guests tole us that they were comfortable, but for those of us who like are bedrooms very cool, this may be a concern. My only complaint was the card in the bathroom asking us to reuse towels. I understand the environmental reasoning for the request, but for the price charged for these rooms, it seemed cheap and trite.
The Lake George Boathouse Bed and Breakfast is a beautiful and relaxing place to stay. It's prices would discourage us from returning frequently, but I'm sure we will return for a special weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This "Lake Castle Estate" is the only B&B in the waters of Lake George. Featured in many books and magazines with its outstanding views of the lake & mountains. Historical site, former home of the Gold Cup Winner George Reis. This boathouse has seven rooms all with private baths, some with fireplaces and two person whirlpools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boathouse Hotel Bolton Landing
- Boathouse Bed And Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate On Lake George Bolton Landing, NY