“Customer Service Lesson”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Adirondack Park Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
NJ
“Customer Service Lesson”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I booked a room here for a wedding which I photographed. I was planning on taking some great photos of this hotel to post on this site as well, something I really enjoy doing as a photographer when I stay places. I called about 2 weeks prior to the wedding and busy car show weekend; they had a lake view room available, GREAT! I asked the owner to "hold" the room for me because I wanted to check with my husband about the location. She said “oh I don’t need to hold it for you blah blah blah, but I was insistent because it looks nice on trip advisor. I called her back within 48 hrs to give her my credit card # and reserve the room. She said she would not run the credit card until check in. She was very pleasant, told me about how far she was from the Sagamore (3 miles) and advised me if we were to arrive after 9pm to call her the day we were driving up and she would give me instructions on late night arrivals. Great, credit card number given, room secure right? WRONG!!! - I called her back on our drive up to Lake George; lo & behold she DOES NOT have my reservation? She did not keep the room for me??? I'm thinking "what? I gave you my credit card number, we discussed check in....?" This is a busy weekend with a large car show in the area; a lot of hotels are full? All I get from THE OWNER (who was the person I spoke to the entire time) "sorry I wrote down you were going to call back to confirm and I always send an email confirmation.” Which I never got, she kept insisting that she keeps records and writes things down on EVERY phone call and she has next to my name & credit card# that I was going to call back. I stated I did call back, you took my card #, I don’t understand the problem? Was I to call a 3rd time to reserve? Finally she says “I’m sorry I made a mistake.” Yeah, great, thanks lady! Where does that leave me except stressing on my 4 hour drive up to find a room last minute. She states she has a room for that night but not the next. I asked her for referral somewhere else; she gives me the name of someone down the street; they’re booked. I call back because what choice do I have but to stay there that night? I’m very upset at this point and she wimps out letting her husband answer my call who was EXCEEDINGLY RUDE! LISTEN UP Jan & Gena Lindyberg (HOSTS) its 2013, customer service is what makes you stand out from the rest!! Thank God, I was able to look up Bonnie View Suites on my husband’s phone on the drive up. THEY know customer service - I called them to book & lost signal in the mountains, HE CALLED ME BACK to make the reservation. An hour into our drive later I needed to ask a question about our check in, called Bonnie View, no one answered. HE CALLED ME BACK 20 minutes later saying “Hi this is Bonnie View Suites, it looks like I missed a call from you.” HELLO ADIRONDACK PARK MOTEL: ATTENTION JAN & GENA – Take this lesson, you had my number & credit card BEFORE YOU BOOK THE ROOM WITH SOMEONE ELSE!!! PLEASE CALL THE PERSON WHO YOU ORIGINALLY BOOKED WITH. Please!!!! Let’s get up to speed on 2013’s customer service OK? I’m so disappointed in this place but thank heaven there are TONS of other motels, hotels & Inns in the area and we were able to find a really great one. Now I’ll probably bring my family there since they are so family friendly with a heated pool, decent beach frontage, docking, swim decks and many other nice amenities. Also I’ll refer to my friends (I’m a photographer and former sales person I know A LOT OF PEOPLE) who are visiting the area to BONNIE VIEW SUITES. Look it up to see my great review and photos of the location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank juliet316

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Parsippany, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I came up with a spur of the moment trip last weekend to Lake George. We only needed one night since friends of ours were camping on Turtle Island for the week and we were joining them the next day. I called at 3 in the afternoon and they had availability that met our needs. Most other places in the area had a 3 night minimum. So glad we found this place. It is just far enough away from the busy area and so quaint. The room met our expectations. It wasn't glamorous but we didn't care. It had what we needed for the night. AC worked great and it was quiet. Room was clean and updated as well. Bathroom was nice too. The steps down to the lake and boathouse are something. If you have trouble breathing or walking don't stay here. The trip down those stairs was worth it though. We didn't use the pool but it looked clean and taken care of. Gena was very sweet. If you don't see what you need in the room just ask and I'm sure she would take care of it for you. Pastries and juice and coffee in the mornings too! We will be back on our next trip! Thank you again for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: For other local motels or b and b's this place is worth looking into. They have no minimum nigh...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joanne K
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was given the task of finding a place on a lake for a couple of nights just before the Fourth of July for my wife and I, our daughter, son in law and two grandchildren. I was looking for a place away from the general hub bub of Lake George Village. This turned out to be the ideal place. Just north of Bolton Landing village which has plenty of great shops and restaurants. The accommodations are basic but clean. The owners could not have been more accommodating and I enjoyed that they politely enforced the quite time at night. The pool was well maintained but a little noisy from the road traffic but a lot quieter than our house that is located in the center of our town. As far as the stairway I mention in my title, it is 100 steps to the lake but well worth the trip. Our grandson cried when we left because he did not want to leave. My wife can not travel without her own pillow and a couple of hours after we left she realized that she left the pillows behind. Today they arrived by mail. I want to thank the owners for their effort in getting them to us. WE WILL BE BACK!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Applejac
Wallkill, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The Adirondack Park Motel is a lovely and quiet place to stay while visiting the Lake George region. We stayed in an effeciency unit the first week of June 2013. The motel is far enough away from the commercialized Lake George Village, but close enough to the action. Jan and Gina were inviting and extremely helpful with our stay. The motel is well maintained and clean, and the boat house and docks are beautiful. Gena made fresh pastries for breakfast, and even offered fresh fruits and juice. There are discounts to the major attractions in the Village (The Great Escape, LG Steamboat Company) avail. at the desk. Our room was typical of some of the Adirondack motels that you encounter, but the cleanliness and hospitality more than make up for lack of spendor. Included in your stay is the availibility of kayaks and row boats from the private docks, and swimming in the pool or at the lakefront. Very relaxing and pleasant experience.Done

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lew H
dublin
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

We are a family (3 kids under 10) from Ireland living in New York for a year and wanted somewhere that was reasonably priced from where we could explore Lake George and its environs. We got lucky with the Adirondack Park Motel. The accommodation is not luxurious but it was all we needed - we had a 2 bedroomed cottage and paid just over $100 per night! It was quiet and relaxed and the owners were most friendly and helpful. There was an outdoor play area for the kids. The lake was just down some steps (an easy walk for most) and was very beautiful. Jan (owner) told us about the history of the region and made the canoes available to us and even offered a free boat trip. The Lake House was beautiful. We swam in the lake despite the temperature - we are used to cold water. Bolton Landing is 2 miles away and is the nicest place around to eat in. There is a great playground there. We went hiking in nearby mountains and the facilities were excellent. The whole thing was fabulous.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank larkinf
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed here for the weekend of Aug 25,2012. The owners are very pleasant and accomodating. Rented a cottage which was simple and efficient. The walk to the lake was a little long but, worth it. We were pleasantly suprised when we were taken on a one hour boat ride on the lake(provided by the owner.) Nice and quiet, it was a great place to enjoy Lake George. We will be back.

Room Tip: Choose a cottage
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debra h
new york
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We recently stayed at this motel and will not be going back. Our biggest complaint is that no one told us about the" VERY STEEP HILL" when we made our reservation and you clearly can't see it from the pictures posted on their website. You will only go down to the lake once a day after climbing those stairs and there is no beach area, just a dock to sit on. Thank god for the pool area which was very nice. The beds were quite uncomfortable and the brown blankets need to be replaced. The carpet is dirty as the bottoms of our feet needed to be cleaned before we went to bed. The breakfast is minimal so if you like a big breakfast you should go into town. The owners were nice and gave us suggestions on resturants which were nice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
Golden Sands Resort on Lake George

Been to Adirondack Park Motel? Share your experiences!