“Fabulous-Will Definitely be Back”

Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed July 12th and 13th with our two kids when we were in the area for visiting day for my other daughter's camp. We were in suite #1 and it was wonderful. Great views of Lake George and we were not even in the best location at the resort for views. Some of the cabins closer to the lake and higher penthouses probably are even better but we were beyond happy with our location.

The room was immaculate and very generously sized. There was no dressers, but not an issue with the hanging rack and carts for our bags. We had a full sized frig and a microwave and coffee maker with real cups and coffee filters provided. My kids slept on the pull out couch with no issues-it was made up, clean and easy to open. We brought food in Friday and grilled Saturday night after an hour swim in the pool which was clean and clear and beautiful. It was so nice sitting on our private deck for dinner and breakfast vs fighting crowds at the local restaurants. There are no restaurants in town that have a better view. The grill right to our deck wouldn't light but the grill just on the other side of the building looked brand new so no big deal.

On Sunday morning my husband and daughter used one of the resorts' FREE (yes, free) kyacks and Bob helped them out when they had trouble getting going and capsized next to the dock with good humor so I really question the negative comments I see here.

My in-laws are staying here next weekend when they are going up to see my daughter and I am envious. I know they will have a great time.

We will definitely be back again. Only thing the Contessa lacked was wireless Internet access but didn't really have time to miss it.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cynewman2

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Last year was the first time that my daughter and I stayed here. We couldn't believe how beautiful this place is. I recommend this place to anyone I talk to who is planning a trip to the Lake George area. This year we came back for a family vacation with my brother and his family. They loved it and we are already planning to go back next year. The accomodations are wonderful!! The rooms and cabins are so clean and everything is updated with decks overlooking the lake (check out the pictures that my daughter took). The grounds are beautiful!!! The kitchen facilities and the gas grill enabled us to hang out, relax and cook. My daughter and I are coming back again in August. Bob, Christina and the whole staff were very friendly and nice. I definitely recommend this place - you won't be disappointed. Denise - Elmwood Park, NJ.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Bob was so rude, I have never met someone with less manners before. He walked out on a conversation with me 3 times, I had to ask him to please come back. One of his staff members was so embarrassed, she apologized for him. There are plenty of other great places to stay in this area, I would suggest avoiding this place, or I guess Bob.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank jessievanwijk
Contessaresort, Owner at Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

I guess these days when you say "NO" to somebody, YOU ARE RUDE!!! This lady and her husband made a two night reservation for a motel room and never even checked in. She brought her pet with her without asking when she reserved. I happened to be passing through office and noticed the dog just outside with her husband. We are a small resort and I knew we didn't have any pets scheduled for that day. I looked at her reservation confirmation and informed her pets were not allowed in our motel rooms, and left her to deal with the desk clerk who happens to be my daughter. We are the only staff she dealt with and I know my daughter didn't apologize for me telling her that. Instead of dealing with my daughter, she called me back and I offered her a remedy to the situation. We actually do have two pet friendly cabins and the one bedroom was available and I offered it to her. There is a price difference between a motel room and a cabin and she told me that she couldn't afford the difference, I said I'm sorry there is nothing else I can do for you, and as I have other duties to perform I left the office again!!! If that is rude what is the world coming to.
If you want to travel with your pet you should ask your hotel when reserving if your room is pet friendly and is there a charge for your pet.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Contessa Resort was awesome! My wife and I, plus 2 friends, stayed in one of the "penthouses" closest to the main road. The view was AMAZING! We had a huge private deck with a gas grill which made it that much better. It provided the perfect setting for 4 tired kayakers to hang out, cook out, and relax amid spectacular views of Lake George. Speaking of kayaks, we used the ones provided by Contessa, FOR FREE! And they were great kayaks.

The last time my wife and I stayed at Lake George, we sprang for the swanky Sagamore. Not anymore. The value and views at Contessa are just too good!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I scheduled a little get a way last weekend. Best decision he made to reserve a room at this wonderful resort. Have no idea where the negative comments came from. Bob was sweet from the first moment we met him. There was nothing he or his staff could do to make our stay any better than it was. Peaceful because he insists on keeing the noise level where "all" guests can enjoy their stay (whether you are there to party or not). We appreciated that! The rooms were emaculate the grounds groomed to perfection,. Take it from someone who travels for business, this is where you want to go to relax and enjoy the beautiful lake and all Bolton Landing has to offer. Captain Bob, keep up the great work. We are happy to say that we are coming back in 2 weeks!!
Rick and Donna D-Guilderland NY

Room Tip: View them online.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is our secod trip to the Contessa. The place is immaculate, the views of Lake George are stunning and everthing is close by but not in the middle of town,so the privacy is wonderful.

Cannot say enough great things about Bob. He really cares about his guests. His attention to detail is second to none. I have some photo I will post soon. You should really incude this resort on your planning list of where to stay!

Room Tip: It all depends what you are looking for, but he has all the right choices.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed at the Contessa for the second time. It was just as GREAT as the first. From the view of Lake George from our room to the parking everything was perfect. We had a two bedroom cabin with a full kitchen, living room and dinning room across from the playground. The kids had just as much fun as the wife & I did. Captain Bob was very helpful with fun things to do (with or without the kids), places to eat & even just great sights to see as he knows the area so well. We loved being at the pool and down at the docks. The rooms were picture perfect and every staff member we saw was very kind and always happy to help. The boat rental was awesome for the whole family, we spent an entire day out on the lake. When we were packing to go home the kids kept asking why we couldn't just live at the resort. Hope this year flies by so we can be back at the Contessa soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family