“Beware of "Captain Bob"” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
Loudonville
“Beware of "Captain Bob"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I am writing this review to warn all prospective customers about Captain Bob. We rented a pontoon boat for four hours this summer. I have rarely dealt with a more rude service operator. He was rude when the reservation was made by telephone, but at least he called me back to apologize. Therefore I kept the reservation. When docking the boat we bumped the dock, as he made no effort to help his worker assist us. This resulted in a minor ding in the aluminum bumper. When I commented how rude he was to my party and me ,his response was that while he was going to fix the bumper for $75, but since I didn’t like his attitude, he was going to charge me for an entire new bumper.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank asamuels
Contessaresort, Owner at Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
I try to professional when writing a review, but this man just went way to far. when attempting to dock the boat to drop off passengers it was obvious he was gonna hit the corner of the dock. His thirty something year old son, who wrote the review, stupidly put his leg between the dock and the boat and I screamed at him just in time to keep him form severing his leg. He reacted to my voice and moved just in time as my assistant attempted to stop 5000 pounds in motion, its impossible, and is a foolish thing to do, he won't do it again. They went to get gas and returned, at this time his son was repeatedly called me an A HOLE for yelling at him, and his father was yelling at me for not trying to stop the boats forward motion. I know better than that, I will not risk my body to save someone money!!!. And yes we charged him for the front bumper in full, which didn't have a scratch on it until then. The only mistake I made was I forgot to charge him for the labor!!!!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed in #9. Picture windows in bedroom and living gave a perfect view of the lake especially in the morning with the sun rising over the mountains across the lake. My cabin/unit was impeccably clean, nicely furnished and very comfortable. The grounds are well landscaped with each unit having their own deck with a table, chairs and umbrella and a grill. Walk down to the water to your boat rental and take off! Very nice place and Captain Bob is very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014
Centwreach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many resorts over the years in Lake George. This by far was a great experience. From the time I called and spoke to Bob he was nice courteous and worked with me to get the room to best fit out needs. Upon check in I met his daughter. We arrived around 11:30. Our room wasn't ready but she told us to give them an hour since check in was at 2pm. She gave us passes to the beach. We went to check it out and retuned an hour later and our room was ready. The unit 6 was beautiful. 2 bedroom with private baths and the view of the lake was amazing from the private deck. The grounds were beautiful. I loved the close proximity to town. We rented a pontoon boat for two days. The boats are in amazing condition. The staff was nothing but friendly. Every day Bob asked how everything was and if there was anything we needed. I disagree with previous comments made about him. We plan on returning next summer.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jpetrag2
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Place is very clean and comfortable. Very hospitable. My husband and I enjoyed our stay and would totally recommend this place. It has a good pool and grills for guests to use. I would very much recommend renting a boat.

• Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a few day get away in the middle of the week. Good price. Decent place to stay. Better then most places around that area. It was great that they had free kayaking. Only complaints would minor things. They offer free wifi but I could get a signal near the door. The only reason this was important was I didn't have cell reception.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Pennsauken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The four of us rode our motorcycles up from Philadelphia area. When we arrived we were given keys to ajoining rooms with a living room window viewing Lake George. Every room was spotless and new rugs, kitchen, showers.... etc. Captain Bob spent quite a bit of money to do this.
It is my third time here over 6 plus years. Everytime I come here, I notice major inprovements. My favorite inprovement are the 17 expensive pontoon boats in mint condition. Captain Bob invited several of us out for a morning cruise. No Charge. He wanted to take pictures to place them on face book.
Visit the Contessa. Stay a while and make a new friend.....Captain Bob

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had an excellent time here on a Friday night. I was in Bolton landing for a wedding and this resort is conveniently located close to the quaint downtown area. There are amazing views of Lake George and Captain Bob not only has boats to rent but provides plenty of gas grills and excellent hospitality that made me wish I had the entire weekend to take advantage of all the amenities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Diamond Point
Marine Village Resort
Marine Village Resort
#19 of 87 in Lake George

Been to Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort? Share your experiences!