“Amazing Presidents Week stay”

The Sagamore Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We booked the Sagamore during Presidents Week . My first instinct is to always go to Monhonk Mountainhouse . I heard they were closed that week . I was very impressed with the Sagamore . Totally kid friendly , even those who weren't traveling with any didn't seem to mind them . Most times even though my daughters are extremely well behaved , we are treated like we have the plague . The value was wonderful , the breakfast was very good and ran later than most , so there was no rushed feeling in the morning . The buses that ran back and forth were great for a traveling family . Every employee was extremely friendly and helpful . We stayed in the lower level lodges that were just redone . Great for a large family . Everyone was comfortable and had what they needed . Will definitely come back in the spring / summer . Well worth every penny

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank LauriSexton
The_Sagamore_Resort, General Manager at The Sagamore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear LauriSexton,

Thank you to you and your family for staying with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and also that "every employee was extremely friendly and helpful". In addition thank you for your comments on the lodge suites, as we feel they are perfect for families too!

On behalf of the entire team thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the Spring/Summer.

Tom Guay, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,673)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I went for a ride to see the leaves change color along the way last fall and ended up in Sagamore. This was our second visit there, once in the summer when we just stopped for lunch. I had the most amazing lobster roll then.
This time we decided to stay overnight, had a very nice dinner with an attentive service. Our room was in the main building, with a king size bed. The bathroom was small and a little dated, but perfectly fine for a short stay. We walked around the property and the views and the grounds are beautiful. The hotel lobby was nicely decorated for the fall season. The place was very welcoming with the fireplace going . It was a very nice getaway in the off season. The buffet breakfast was basic, but OK.
It must get very crowded in the summer, we were told that the place books very quickly for the season. I enjoyed browsing thru the hotel's very charming and elegant boutique. I would definitely recommend to book a room in the main building, the bungalows around the lake seemed more rustic and some are quite a walk away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building, lake view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Wenovo
The_Sagamore_Resort, General Manager at The Sagamore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Wenovo,

Thank you for writing about your stay last October. The best thing about the Adirondacks is that we get the best of all seasons. The Fall with all it's color is truly spectacular. I was pleased to read your review and thank you for the kind words. It is true that we are very busy in the Summer and we do fill up quickly. Best practice is to book early ensuring you get the accommodation you desire. The lodges, or bungalow's as you referred to them as, offer affordability and also great space for families. Our lodge suites offer full kitchenettes, living room and separate bedroom along with a large bathroom with both a standup shower and separate tub. In addition they all face the lake and have balconies and gas fireplaces.

Thank you again for your posting, it is appreciated and we hope to see you when the "next" season comes along!

Tom Guay

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I used to come here every February and spend a weekend during the winter months for about 4 years in a row, until they stopped being open during the winter. We were so happy to hear that they started again this winter, and went there the last weekend in February. From the minute you walk in, the hotel staff treats you in a very friendly way, that you feel right at home. The room we stayed in was very nice and clean, with a king sized bed, which was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, although at $22, a bit overpriced. They keep the hotel sparkling clean, and just sitting in the lobby with the fireplace going is just so relaxing. A wonderful place to to come to, and can't wait to do it again next winter.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sportsman4

Dear Sportsman4,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Like you we are pleased to be open through the winter and I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was most pleased to read that the hotel staff made you feel as if you were right at home! Also thank you for the comments about the cleanliness of the resort. We work very hard on this and appreciate hearing positive feedback.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Tom Guay

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We decided to try the Sagamore this winter and see if it could wind up being a good ski/snowboard destination. First, I would like to say the front desk staff was among the best I have ever encountered! They were helpful and friendly and always had a smile. The resort itself was nice and cozy. Our room was inside the main building which I recommend in the winter. It lends itself to going to the restaurants and pool without going outside. The rooms were on the smaller side but immaculately clean and nicely decorated. The resort had scheduled activities during the day and smores outside by the fire pit at night. The indoor pool was nice and warm to jump in and the hot tub worked it's magic. The rec center does require leaving the main building but they will shuttle you back and forth at your request. How can that be beat! My only nit with the Sagamore if any was that the pool area and outdoor spaces should have some music.... any music playing. Seems like this request should be an easy fix. Other than that...the Sagamore was a hit in my book and a great jumping off point to do all sorts of winter activities nearby. Great location...great staff...fun for all in a beautiful location. Let's keep this one a secret.

Room Tip: Upper floors in the main hotel have a better view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
The_Sagamore_Resort, General Manager at The Sagamore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Giulianr,

We appreciate your post above and thank you for recognizing that the front desk staff was among the best you have ever encountered. I know they will be pleased! It was nice to see that you experienced many of the activities we offer and again thank you for mentioning them specifically. We use all reviews as tools to improve and your comment about the music in the indoor pool will be discussed with our team. In the summer we do have music playing by the outdoor pool areas but not at the indoor pool. A great suggestion!

In closing, thank you again for your thorough review and we look forward to seeing you at " Sagamore in the Spring!"

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love this place. I grew up going to Saratoga every summer because my dad loved the track and so do I. A couple years ago I decided to stay here at the Sagamore with my wife and daughter instead of staying in Saratoga. Wow, what a difference a few miles makes. While Saratoga springs is one of the classiest towns in New York, it just doesn't have a resort or hotel that compares to the Sagamore. The great thing about this place is that you can still take the ride down to the track as it's only about 35 minutes South. Being from Massachusetts, we started a tradition of driving to Burlington Vermont and taking the ferry across lake Champlain, then driving South to the Sagamore.

The Sagamore is a classy, secluded resort that makes you feel like you are away from everything. Lake George cannot be appreciated until you stay here.

There are lots of different selections for rooms, but I enjoy staying in the main hotel. The pool is great with decent food/drink options and there are many different options for dining.

I love this place. I only wish summer weather lasted a little longer in New York.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank classicredstate

Dear classicredstate,

Thank you for referring to The Sagamore as your "Favorite Summer Place". It's ours as well and for good reason. The area is amazing and the lake speaks for itself. As you said, Saratoga is only a short drive away and many of our July and August guests do just that! But we are happy to say that they return to enjoy all that we have to offer.

We appreciate your posting and look forward to welcoming you back for many track seasons to come!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My cousin's daughter got married at The Sagamore last August. My wife and I were guests at the wonderful affair. It was a multiday event over a weekend. The setting for the ceremony down by the water was special and the reception was held at the side of the main building. Since it was the middle of summer there were many other guests staying at the hotel in addition to members of the wedding party but we never got the feeling of being lost in the crowd. Everything was very classy and high quality. We found the food and beverages to be top notch. From the perspective of a guest of the bride it could not been better. I am sure that the event cost my cousin a pretty penny but I know her daughter was very happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Radmrjg,

Thank you for your recent posting. We were thrilled to see that you enjoyed yourself at a family wedding last August. Like you we agree that The Sagamore is a "Great place to hold a wedding". I know our Food and Beverage team will also be pleased to read that you enjoyed the offerings at the wedding as well.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you this coming August!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had wanted to stay at The Sagamore for a long time, but only recently had the opportunity. We were celebrating a special anniversary, and we were not disappointed! Staff was always helpful, the decor was warm and inviting, dinner was OUTSTANDING, and we both enjoyed pampering in the spa. Our stay was on a bitter cold weekend (just after New Year's Eve), and we very much enjoyed relaxing in the lobby with wine in front of the fireplace. I would love to return in the summer, to take advantage of the outdoor amenities. Having grown up in the area, I can heartily recommend not only this resort, but all the historic and recreational activities near Lake George.

Room Tip: Live it up!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jergle
The_Sagamore_Resort, General Manager at The Sagamore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear jergle,

We were pleased that you celebrated your special anniversary with us and we all would love it to become an annual tradition! I know our staff will be pleased with your kind words and specifically our chef will be pleased with your "OUTSTANDING" rating of your dinner!

Also, thank you for pointing out that this area does have an abundance of activities throughout the year to be enjoyed by all. Thank you again and we look forward to you celebrating your next special anniversary at The Sagamore!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton Landing
Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center
Gore Mountain Lodge
Gore Mountain Lodge
#1 of 4 in North Creek

Been to The Sagamore Resort? Share your experiences!