“Family time”

The Sagamore Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
“Family time”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter and three grandchildren ages 3-5-9 just returned from our stay at the sagamore. It was amazing and absolutely beautiful. The service was top notch and the added amenities that they have for children was above my expectations. As for our accommodations, we stayed in the lodges. I was not sure what to expect based on previous reviews, however it was fantastic. The lower level suite that we had overlooked the lake and really gave you a camp like feel. It was clean, spacious and decorated with Adirondack type furnishing . Our suite was in one of the premium lodges so it was a very short walk to the pool. We loved everything about the resort. The rec center for the kids is a bonus, as well as the "samore roast". I am looking forward to a return visit soon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosemary C
The_Sagamore_Resort, General Manager at The Sagamore Resort, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Rosemary C,

I was thrilled to read that you and the family enjoyed your recent stay at The Sagamore for some "Family time". In addition I was pleased to read that the lodge suite was fantastic despite what you have read. Those comments were appreciated.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit soon!

Regards,

Tom Guay, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I had an incredible stay at The Sagamore from July 8-10. The grounds and views were breath taking and we loved our lake view room in the main hotel! This resort reminded me of an upscale Caribbean resort and I was so surprised to find something like this so close to home. The food was good and we loved swimming in the lake and renting kayaks to visit a secluded island that we picnicked on. The staff was very friendly. The only complain I had was that housekeeping was not good about clearing room service trays left in the hall way. We will absolutely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Elizabethmt2014
Dear Elizabethmt2014,

Thank you for staying with us and for the favorable review. I was happy to see that you experienced much of what the resort and surrounding area has to offer. What better way to see the lake and the Adirondacks than a picnic lunch on an island! Also, we appreciate the comment about the rooms service trays.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Albany, NY
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Went for a work function. Gorgeous space, attention to detail. Very pricy.

Asked if I needed any concierge services, I asked for running routes, and they printed on up a brochure for me. When I missed dessert due to a conference call, an amazing waitress rounded up some for me. And when my room wasn't ready when I tried to check in early, we did all the paperwork, and they called me when ready. I was able to breeze by and grab my keys.

Thin walls, could hear my neighbors conversations through bathroom wall.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
The_Sagamore_Resort, General Manager at The Sagamore Resort, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Leaudemiel,

Thank you for staying with us while on business. I was pleased to read that the concierge and waitstaff worked hard on your behalf. Your review was appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Sagamore for business or pleasure!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Sagamore Resort is gorgeous and we have been coming here for the last 5 years during July 4 weekend. Management has changed since we first started to come here. The pools are nice - love the eternity like pool. The lake is wonderful to swim in - although it can get a bit wavy and the water is cold. The restaurants are very good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
DearHolidayFun2012,

Thank you for choosing us for the last five years and for the heading "Great Family Resort". We believe that we are just that and appreciate the affirmation.

July fourth in 2015 falls on a saturday so we will have the pool chair waiting just for you!

Jamesport, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Spent a week at Sagamore - before during and after July 4. Would recommend before July 4 as optimal fun time. Quiet relaxed. Staff seems happiest before the holiday. As holiday progressed, food got worse.

There are signs posted in pool area that the area is not supervised. No lifeguard. I can tell you, this limits their liability if you or a loved one either drowns, almost drowns, or is caught up in melee because of a drowning.

So be on guard parents! Watch your children like hawks. I saw a sixish year old girl fall in lake off of main dock while her parents ignored her and drank at outside bar. Not good for Mom and Dad as signs are posted that urge you to supervise your children. That is considered notice under the law, and limits the hotel's liability! So if you are thinking that because they don't have lifeguards, they would be on the hook even more in the event of drowning, think again! The staff has been directed to state that when near drownings and the melees they create, occur - if the staff has not witnessed it, sorry paying customer, you are out of luck. You are on your own. But of course, the most CONVENIENT part of this line, is that they don't have staff in place to monitor the water and its environs, just for that purpose! Catch-22.

I was injured by child's dad running down to dock - my daughter said I was in front of twenty people running to save the drowning child, though I didn't know that. But was clocked behind by Dad as he pushed me out of way to save his child. He didn't know I was watching her for half hour before she fell in but hey, he ignored me just like he ignored her. Days later I still am sore from his shoving me from behind into fence so he could get by me.

Was told by hotel since no one witnessed this incident from the staff - there would be no discussing of behavior with Dad of almost drowning victim. Also I gave a statement to hotel and was offered option to give statement to sheriff, sheriff declined. Was annoyed that I was given option to make statement to sheriff when sheriff had no intention of taking statement. That was amateur! No calls from management to inquire at all about the drowning incident or my injuries. Liability issue, perhaps?

How often do these almost drownings occur? That is what I would like to know. And is a shame because pool and lake are the best part of staying at the Sagamore.

Room Tip: just read the reviews, call the hotel, and voice your concerns before you book! Book early.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FLIReporters
Dear FLIReporters,

Thank you for styaing with us for the week. Your patronage is truly appreciated. We take guest safety very seriously and would never casually shrug off any guest incident. We were very aware of the young girl that fell in the lake, and had multiple conversations with her parents. In addition our security team talked with you directly and made a call to the local sheriff on your instruction.

I am sorry that you felt we did not handle this situation to your satisfaction.We were not initially aware of your specific situation until you brought it to our attention. From there our security team spent time with you and also placed a call to the sheriff. We cannot comment on why he did not take a report.

As stated above, this was no casual incident, and we spoke with the parents of the girl on several occasions, and also with you. There was no attempt to not reach out to you because of any liability. Should you wish to discuss this further please reach out for me persoanlly.

Long Island, Ny
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Be prepared to visually be amazed, the lake and the grounds are breathtaking and restorative.
There are many activities , especially for the children on July 4th weekend. There were too many people there , very crowded, on that weekend. The waitresses and waiters were lovely and tried to be as accomodating as possible.
Our room was in the lodge 7. It needed some paint on the vanity and the mold in the tub was not cleaned through the 4 days we stayed, even though we complained to housekeeping.
The a/c was broken the first nite, so we sweated through to the second day and then complained twice, and they did fix it by the end of the day.
The "concierge" Charlie was an inexperienced , in over her head, young student. In a big hotel resort like this , we have come to expect excellent recommendations and ideas from an experienced person. Having never been to the resort before, we wanted some help on restaurants and activites.
Our advise is to book the restaurants yourself, since she said everything was booked solid the whole weekend, and that wasn't true , since we were able to find times wherever we wanted on the premisis.
The front dest check-in was herendous. The girl was so intrusive, asking personal questions in earshot of other guests, rambling on and on... we just wanted to get to our room and relax .
She was unstoppable ..again very young, and inexperienced. She gave us totally wrong information to all our questions, as we found out.
The restaurants were not fabulous, but also not terrrible.
Go for the view and the beautiful grounds, but beware , they may fall short of some of your expectations

Room Tip: If you stay in the lodge 5, 6 , or 7 there is a shuttle bus that circles the property and arrives pr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redheadLongIsland_Ny
Dear RedheadLongisland_Ny,

Thank you for staying with us for your Fourth of July Holiday. We were thrilled that many guests also chose the Sagamore as well. Your review was candid and for that I thank you. We continuously try to improve and we do use all reviews as a tool to improve. I was pleased to read your positive comments and thank you for the room tip about the shuttle. It was appreciated.

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We recently stayed here for a night. We loved the lake access, the pools, and the evening campfire. The gym facilities were excellent. The bed was comfortable, as people have mentioned the furniture itself is quite dated. We did pay extra for a lake view and it was very disappointing- we could barely see the lake.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AprilinVT
Dear Aprilin VT,

Thank you for choosing The Sagamore and also for your review. Your comments were appreciated and hopefully helpful to others. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton Landing
Tea Island Resort
Tea Island Resort
#10 of 89 in Lake George
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake George

Been to The Sagamore Resort? Share your experiences!