“Exceeded expectations”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View of Waneta & Lamoka Lakes a few miles from the cabin
Hunter
Hunter
Lisa & John
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jonb1974
Solvay, New York
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 3 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Great, quiet location. A perfect place to get away for a long weekend. Although it is about a 20-30 ride into Watkins Glen, this was a great spot to spend the weekend. We had 3 adults and 3 kids and there was plenty of room. Full kitchen to make all the meals we needed and plenty of space in the yard to unwind. I would definitely stay here again.

12 Sep 2017
Jon. Thanks so much for the nice review. We'er glads you had a nice stay!
Reviewed 3 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

2 Oct 2017
After reaching out to the guest he indicated there was mold in the crawl space below the cabin. I had this inspected by a professional mold removal company. They informed me there was mold in the crawl space, but also indicated the mold was not bad or widespread and was pretty much confined to a number of spots on the concrete walls. They assured me the structure of the house was not compromised by any mold or a health hazard. It was limited to the crawl space. I had the same company professionally clean the crawl space and apply an anti-microbial agent to the entire crawl space area.

On another note: the guest did not contact me while he was staying at my cabin. I did not know he encountered a problem until I read his review. I was therefore unable to try and rectify the situation for the guest while he was staying there.
Cathy B
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 25 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Hunter's View was everything we expected and more! The place was exceptionally clean. Extremely private and easy to get to. The beds were comfortable--we all slept wonderfully. Lots of dishes and cookware. The owners thought of our every wish. We brought our cat and he loved sitting on the sill looking at the wildlife. Lots of amenities not listed that added to the ambience of the place. Great communication with the owners who gave us terrific information about the site and also area interests, restaurants etc. We just had a laid-back fun time here hiking on the trails and enjoying the fire circle. Could not begin to tell you how nice it was. There were no negative surprises and there was lots of positive ones. You'll not want to miss this opportunity!

29 Jul 2017
Thanks Cathy. I'm so glad you and your family (and cat) had a nice time. John
Reviewed 9 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Your age range 50-64
25 Jul 2017
Sheila. Thanks for the review. I'm so glad you and your dog had a nice time. John
Quest7072...
“very centrally located...”
Reviewed 2 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Within 20 miles of anything you would want to see or do, in this area. Cabin is nice, not cheaply done.Amenities are not minimal....

CLeon97
“Amazing”
Reviewed 20 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Really enjoy staying there, it's an amazing place it has everything you need and more. I should be going back soon. You will have a great time

5 Jul 2017
Carmen - thanks so much for the review. I am very happy you had a nice stay. John
Lisa K
“Perfect place to unplug”
Reviewed 16 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We stayed five nights and it was perfect for our needs. The location was remote feeling, yet close to Watkins Glen, Hammondsport, and Corning. We spent almost every evening by the fire circle and did not miss watching TV. The property is surrounded by woods, but the one end was cleared out. This allowed a constant cool breeze with its location high on the mountain. Despite it being 90+ degrees in Watkins Glen during the day, it was 10-12 degrees cooler at the cabin. Combined with the breeze, it was comfortable. I would definitely return!!!

Thanks John for all the info prior to our visit and having such a great cabin. It is a home away from home!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing