“My husbands favorite”

Hunt Country Vineyards
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Hunt family has been farming west of Branchport, NY, on Keuka Lake for seven generations and started the winery in 1981. Our 170-acre farm encompasses 43 acres of wine grapes. The varieties under our care include Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Seyval Blanc, and Vignoles. We are the oldest continuous producer of genuine ice wine in the United States. Our wines have been served at the United Nations, ordered by the White House, featured in Food & Wine and on NBC's Today Show. We have nearly eliminated our fossil fuel use for heating, cooling and electricity by installing award-winning geothermal and solar systems. Our goal is to farm and make wine in ways that ensure the health of our land, water, and air for future generations.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
saugerties,ny
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“My husbands favorite”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We visited several (5) wineries while in the Keuka Lake area and Hunt Country was my husbands favorite. He loved the wines and the surrounding area. I'm so glad we decided to take a drive and stumbled upon this winery. The tastings cost $2. But they then give you $2. In coupons to spend on wine , not to mention a discount if you buy 6 (?) bottles.

Visited August 2013
Jim A, Manager at Hunt Country Vineyards, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your trip. I'm so glad you enjoyed the area and your visit to Hunt Country Vineyards. Saugerties is a pretty area, too, but please come back again when your husband's wine supply runs low!

Yardville, New Jersey
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I visit the Keuka Lake wineries every year for the past 20 years. We always make a stop at Hunt Country winery. It does not have a restaurant like some of the other Keuka Lake wineries but their wines are excellent and very reasonably priced. The staff is very knowlegable and helpful. The gift shop is a step above the other gift shops in the area and we always seem to find something to bring back home. The tasting charge is subtracted from any purchases. We particularly like the red wines and always take several bottles home to enjoy in the coming weeks. We can't wait to return.

1 Thank Ed V
Jim A, Manager at Hunt Country Vineyards, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Thanks for your review! It is so satisfying to read your note ... so many years that you've been visiting Keuka Lake! I'm so glad you enjoyed the wines and gifts. Our gift shop manager Tessa will be happy to read your comments. She loves to bring new things into the shop: unique, attractive and humorous gifts items, as well as "locavore" foods. Our guests really enjoy browsing her latest finds! When you next stop in, please ask for Tessa or me. It would be nice to meet you in person.
New York City, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Keuka Lake Winery”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Took a last minute trip up to Rochester this past weekend to visit my boyfriend. While up there, I decided we should go on another Finger Lakes wine tour (we went last year to Seneca Lake), but this time on Keuka Lake. This was our first stop.

When we first arrived, we were worried that we were the only ones there, as we didn't see any other cars in the parking lot. However, when we were inside, they didn't make us feel awkward. It's $2 to try 5 wines, and $1 extra to try the ice wine. They give you $1 coupons to use on their wines, so if you buy a bunch of bottles, your tasting is basically comped. They also offer a wine and cheese plate, or a wine and chocolate pairing, however we opted just to try the wines. The staff are so friendly and knowledgeable about their wines. I tried mainly their whites, which were all pretty decent. My boyfriend went for the sweeter ones, including the ice wine, which was delicious. In the middle of our tasting, a bunch of other people showed up, so I guess we just got there early.

Visited July 2013
The Finger Lakes area is so beautiful and varied. I'm glad you had a chance to experience the Keuka Lake, and of course, Hunt Country. Thanks for coming and for taking the time to review your visit!
Hawthorne, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Wine”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Great gift shop & wine tasting area. The wine is excellent and reasonably priced also the staff is competent, friendly & knowledgeable. A not to be missed place to visit in the Finger Lakes area.

Visited July 2013
Jim A, Manager at Hunt Country Vineyards, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you for your review ... so glad you enjoyed your visit to Hunt Country! Our tasting room staff -- composed of graduate students, high school teachers, a retired DA, a retired dance teacher, a massage therapist -- are passionate about the Finger Lakes region and about taking good care of our guests! So nice of you to mention their good work. New Jersey is a bit of a trip, but I do hope you can come back before not too long.
Churchton, Maryland
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Good tasting experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Nice wine tasting selections, as well as cheese and chocolate wine pairing tastings available. The tasting charge was subtracted from my purchase. Lots of gadgets and gifts available in the store. Gorgeous setting overlooking vineyards and the lake.

Visited June 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Hunt Country. Thanks for coming all the way from Maryland! I hope you can return to the Finger Lakes before not too long.