Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brewerton
Buffalo, New York
“MEDIOCRE”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stayed here on December 1, 2011. It is a great place to stay if you don't care about cleanliness. The tub was a mottled light brown color and had not been cleaned in a month or so. Urine stains around the toilet. Grime on the tile floor. They change the bed linens and replace the towels, though. I tracked some leaves in and they were still there the next day.

The nice part is that only a few people stay at this motel so there is not a lot of noise in the hallways. You will probably be the only person at the complimentary breakfast.

I asked for a non-smoking room and they gave me a room with an ash tray.

I doubt the Days Inn management reads these reviews or they would 'tighten up' the way this place is run.

Room Tip: Noise from the heating system in adjacent room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
General M, Owner at Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Hello ,

Let us start off and say we are very sorry to all past guests who had a bad experience at the Days Inn Syracuse-Brewerton. We would like to let you know that the hotel is under new OWNERSHIP and MANAGEMENT as of 12/21/11. The new Owners are committed to increase guest satisfaction to 100% at the Days Inn. The hotel will be undergoing a full renovation of the hotel which will be complete by April 2012. The renovation will not affect any guests who stay now till April. Those who experienced a bad stay, who can provide a receipt or proof of stay, will receive a 15% discount to stay at the hotel again under the new ownership and management.
Again, we apologize to all guests who experienced a bad stay in the past with the Days Inn Syracuse – Brewerton. We hope you will give the hotel another chance.

SUNdhm – SUN Development and Hospitality Management (New Owner)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Smiths Falls
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I have stayed at this motel before, (this past spring) and it was a great experience. After reading the reviews I thought maybe I should look elsewhere this place must have changed....
After looking at many options and reviews I decided to stay at a place I knew and took a chance.
Again this place was great! Clean, safe, very friendly and polite and a good price. I will gladly go back.
P.S. The only thing we missed this year was the hot waffle maker for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I was visiting Brewerton about a month ago and decided to stay at this location while I was there. I've read other responses about this hotel online and because of the mixed reviews, I decided I'd see for myself. When I arrived, there was a wonderful young girl and young guy at the front desk. They were very helpful and sweet, Always willing to help me with anything that I needed. Once I got into the room, I looked for the ants and dog hair on the carpet like most reviews claimed but found nothing. I was actually quite pleased with how the hotel looked. The hotel is in a great location, The Waterfront Tavern being the best restuarant in the area. Upon checkout, breakfast was a little scarse, as well as the staff for a little amount of time.

In my opinion, This hotel is nothing like the reviews say they are. It's a great place to stay if you're looking for safe place to bunk for the rate they offer.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We thought we would give it another try since it was only for one night on our way to Potsdam. I could not believe that this hotel could get any worse but it was dirtier than the first time a year before. When we went to check in, the young lady at the desk seemed to be clueless on how to check us in and I had to ask for a receipt after I paid. Later that evening when we returned from dinner, she was sitting outside with another girl and a young man, smoking and she was spinning a hula hoop around her waist. I mean come on...how unprofessional! The carpets, hallways, entrance etc was just disgusting...NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

SUNdhm – SUN Development and Hospitality Management (New Owner)

Travellers are raving about these Brewerton hotels

Newmarket, Ontario
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Really just repeating what others had said. Why didn't I listen to them?

Dirty carpets, furniture, walls, and even touching the TV remote (which didn't work) was questionable. The whole place left us with a feeling that we needed to use a lot of hand sanitizer, all the time.

The bed was sunken in the middle, and painful to sleep in. The coffee maker had the last visitor's coffee still in it!

Stay FAR away from this one.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dabruuzer

Washingtonville, New York
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I booked 5 rooms for a 3 night stay. From the beginning to the end our stay was disappointing. The hotel is rundown and in great disrepair. Our safety concerns included propped open security doors and broken smoke alarms. Our rooms were run down, outdated, and overall dirty including black mold on the bathroom walls and shower curtain. Breakfast was minimal if provided at all. We were also over charged for two of the rooms. Even at a reasonable price this hotel is not worth your time or money. Keep looking!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank DaveandAlli
Let us start off and say we are very sorry to all past guests who had a bad experience at the Days Inn Syracuse-Brewerton. We would like to let you know the hotel is under NEW OWNERSHIP and MANAGEMENT as of 12/21/11. The new Owners are committed to increase guest satisfaction to 100%. We will be undergoing a full renovation of Days Inn which will be complete by April 2012. The renovation will not affect any guests who stay now till April. Those who experienced a bad stay, who can provide a receipt or proof of stay, will receive a 15% discount to stay at the hotel again under the new ownership and management.
Again, we apologize to all guests who experienced a bad stay in the past at Days Inn Syracuse – Brewerton. We hope to see you in the near future.

Ottawa, ON, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I booked this hotel on Hotels.com for 68$CAD for one night. The location is nice if you are travelling between Ontario and Syracuse. It's about 20 min from downtown Syracuse and not directly on the I-81 so not super noisy. We checked in around 9PM and were greeted by a teenager in jeans and hoodie - she was pleasant, our reservations were fine but not very professional. Room was basic. Sheets were clean. Chair and coffee-maker were dirty but we did not need/use them. The main issue with the room was that it was a connecting room and the people on the other side were very noisy and I can only assume children were trying to open our door until about midnight - no soundproofing whatsoever. There was a continental buffet included but we didn't eat there after seeing the sparse choices (personal preference, it looked fine and there were no bugs around as reported in other reviews). Overall, fine for a quick in and out, but would book here for extended periods of time by any means.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewerton
Comfort Suites Cicero - Syracuse North
#15 of 32 in Syracuse
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Days Inn Brewerton/ Syracuse Near Oneida Lake? Share your experiences!