“Nice, friendly, bucolic setting and close to all..best deal”
Review of Heidi's Inn

Heidi's Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Chose Heidi's based on cost and proximity, but received much more. Nice clean older style rooms, had a full kitchen, and enough cable to keep all happy.
Beautiful grounds to walk and close to 84, 684 and Ct, locally found good food.
Overall, best deal in the area.
Thanks Heidi's

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank m b
There are newer reviews for Heidi's Inn

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I traveled to NY to visit my old hometown and that town did not have a hotel and the closest hotel was Heidi's so I booked it for a week, not knowing what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The grounds were lovely, the staff was very friendly, and the room had every amenity I could wish for. Also, it is very quiet and I got a good nite's sleep every nite. I am definitely going back!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Michel B
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband and I unexectedly needed to add to our visit with our family in the area. We were staying at one of the chains in Danbury CT - but to add an extra night at the last minute the rate nearly doubled the advanced Internet rate we initially paid. So we decided to give Heidi's a try. They only had rooms with 2 doubles left. The rate was $70 which was significantly less than the options in Danbury.

The good: clean room, friendly staff, coffee and a muffin in the AM, Direct TV.

The not so good: Very dated furnishings - the bedspread & carpet could have been 30 years old. The furniture seemed even older with a lamp that flickered on and off when you walk by. The AC could be described as "temperamental".

It's a motel - so all the rooms open up right to the parking lot. The doors did not have peep holes so there'd be no way to see who's on the other side. As a woman - not sure if I would feel safe if I was staying by myself.

For one night and for the price it was worth it. For a longer stay - I'd do more research to see what other options fit our budget.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My husband and I were stranded after our car broke down late Sat. afternoon with no garages open until Mon. and no close car rentals. The garage was gracious enough to recommend Heidi's to us and transport us there. We were very impressed with the beautiful grounds and the amenities as well as the friendly staff. There is a great Mexican restaurant within walking distance. We were allowed to stay until our car was fixed on Monday without extra charges which wouldn't have happened many other places. We thank them for turning a bad situation into a better one. This is a family owned Inn who treat their guests as family.
Leon and Dawn S.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My family and I stayed at Heidi's this past weekend and will definitely be back. The price was reasonable, the staff was friendly. the grounds were beautiful and we were pleased with the amenities in our room. We certainly didn't expect to have a flat screen tv and such a nice kitchen! We will be returning upstate in June and have already made reservations at Heidi's for our next trip. Hopefully, the pool and BBQ area will be open then.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronald_Berjer
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We happened to find Heidi's while passing through on vacation. The motel grounds are nice, kind of up on a hill with lots of trees, a nice change from the chain motels. The room was clean and comfortable and had a nice TV. The staff was courteous and the rate was reasonable. I would stay there again, or recommend Heidi's to a freind.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank David L
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Exceptionally clean.
Home made banana bread and oatmeal breakfast in the lobby each morning. Plus milk, orange juice and dry cereal. The lobby has lots of light and a fireplace.
The staff treated me almost like family.
Very reasonably priced, too.

Room Tip: I get very cold so when I made the reservation I specifically asked for a warm room. The staff book...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Helene T
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I am glad we were able to meet your needs.

Sean

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Hilton Garden Inn Danbury
Ethan Allen Hotel
#1 of 15 in Danbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury
Hotel Zero Degrees Danbury

Been to Heidi's Inn? Share your experiences!